Hcg diet?

Options
I'm just wondering if anyone was doing the drops & having success on them, if so why brand are you using & were did you buy it from? Thanks in advance

Replies

• dancer4275
    Options
    Just warning you...people on here are really passionate about this...so be prepared!
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options
    Research carefully then decide if HCG is right for you. I would not use it. Good luck!
  • kitkatkait
    kitkatkait Posts: 87 Member
    Options
    there's a group on here of people who use it. I'm sure they could tell you a lot :)
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm open to any bad side effects info & everything, it's not for me I'm not good at fad diets, but I'm trying to get all te info I can for y friend before she does I don't her doing something really bad for her
  • scapez
    scapez Posts: 2,018 Member
    Options
    If you do a search in the forum here, there are about a gazillion threads on HCG, also look for the topic under Groups.

If it's something you're considering, please research it thoroughly and talk to your doctor.
  • sunkisses
    sunkisses Posts: 2,365 Member
    Options
    Go to Search and type in HCG. It will save you the heartache of reading the replies you'll get in this thread.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Some good folks have been kind enough to gather some info, complete with valid sources: http://www.myfitnesspal.com/topics/show/390151-should-i-do-the-hcg-diet
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    You know that you only get to eat 500 calories a day right? Does that sound like a good idea?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Oh I'm open to any bad side effects info & everything, it's not for me I'm not good at fad diets, but I'm trying to get all te info I can for y friend before she does I don't her doing something really bad for her
    I would edit your original post, adding this info, so that folks will take it into account when they respond!
  • jessashcher
    Options
    my daughter did it and she later regretted it, lost alot of weight really fast then put alot of weight on right after that. I spoke with my doctor and I happen to agree with him about it. He said it's not the drops that are making you lose the weight it's the 500 calories they want you to stick to while on it. That little amount you are basically starving yourself to lose the weight. I like doing it this way much better because it's teaching me to eat healthier and it didn't take me a month to gain all this weight so I think it will take alot longer than that to lose it in a healthy way and to be able to keep it off. I have been losing weight with the help of mfp since Sept. 13 of this year and I have lost 16 lbs so far, that's 2 lbs. a week which I think is perfectly healthy. But to each is own and I would definately consult your physician before starting such a diet.
  • Bonita_Lynne_58
    Bonita_Lynne_58 Posts: 2,845 Member
    Options

You're a good friend. Help her to do the research. In the end she'll make her own decision. Hope whatever she chooses works for her.
  • kmbrooks15
    kmbrooks15 Posts: 941 Member
    Options
    Definitely read all the other HCG threads. There are stories of people who have lost hair and messed up their metabolisms and systems really badly. One story the lady said she looked like a cancer patient from doing it.

I would be a cranky mess if I could only eat 500 calories a day.

Maybe you should also encourage your friend to read all the success stories on here of people who lost massive amounts of weight without HCG or other fad diets. There's one called "Half the man I used to be"--guy lost almost 300 pounds just from eating right and exercising...no HCG, no fads/crash diets. I've seen others where people lost over 100 pounds that way. It doesn't happen overnight, but it's much healthier. They also didn't have to spend piles of money on HCG drops!

Good luck convincing your friend. Don't be surprised if you aren't able to convince her, though.
  • kodigirl17
    kodigirl17 Posts: 8 Member
    Options
    It doesn't seem like a healthy choice. Someone I know recently started this, she is losing weight, however she's only being able to consume 500 calories in a day and not able to exercise. If she has a day where she didn't lose any weight, she can even less the next day. I believe it was if she didn't lose weight that she could only eat apples the following day. My understanding is that when using this method you are actually losing more muscle mass then anything. I hope she has success in whatever method she decides! :smile:

2493517.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • Health_Gal
    Health_Gal Posts: 718 Member
    Options
    I have a close friend that did the HCG diet, and it made him so sick! I tried to convince him not to do it, but he kept on doing it because he was losing weight. But it made him very moody and angry over nothing, and he didn't look healthy, but like someone that was wasting away from a disease. A lot of other people in his life were concerned too.

Shortly after he finished the diet, he bought a new wardrobe and threw away his "fat clothes." He is now having to re-buy his fat clothes because he regained more weight than he lost.

Study after study has concluded that the HCG diet is a scam, and a very dangerous one at that. 500 calories a day is nowhere near enough food! I would strongly encourage anyone that's on that diet or thinking about it to look elsewhere for weight loss.

http://www.dietscam.org/reports/hcg.shtml

http://www.webmd.com/diet/features/truth-about-hcg-for-weight-loss