Skin firming lotion that actually works...if there is such a

Options
ahedrick99
ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
I was wondering if anyone has had any success in finding a skin firming lotion that works well, I have seen them advertised and with my wieight loss I am seeing some not so firm skin. Guess I don't bounce back like I did after my first son but on a positive note I don't jiggle as much either, lol. I am also looking for a product to help reduce my stretch marks, they have faded but I know that once I reach my goal weight I would like to show my fit body off but would like to do so without stretch marks on my belly! Thanks, Lexie

Replies

• mrs_madame
    mrs_madame Posts: 48 Member
    Options
    My friend Rachel (carolinamomma) once said she swears by preparation H as weird as that sounds. She's lost I think 200lbs? And she has like...zero extra skin, so she must be doing something right!
  • Goofy076
    Goofy076 Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    I would love to know this as well.. I lost 168 lbs and need some firming so if anyone has suggestions please message me <3
  • baybeecakes08
    Options
    From my pregnancies I have ALOT of stretch marks .. I find bio oil helps with them doesn't get rid of them completely but it is helping them fade :)
  • CurlyClare78
    Options
    I have no idea about skin firming creams but I did have a big burn scar (hungover cooking accident) on my stomach and also stretch marks on my stomach and the tops of my thighs and Lush Dream Cream helped to fade them. It took years but it did work.

I think Palmers Cocoa butter is also meant to be good for that sort of thing too and Bio Oil but I don't use either of them so I can't say first hand
  • Goal_Seeker_1988
    Goal_Seeker_1988 Posts: 1,619 Member
    Options
    My friend Rachel (carolinamomma) once said she swears by preparation H as weird as that sounds. She's lost I think 200lbs? And she has like...zero extra skin, so she must be doing something right!

I've tried it after she recommended it and I didn't feel the sensation you're surpose to feel after applyin it and I looked it up, well they removed some of the chemicals that caused ppl to have higher blood pressure while using it so that it would be safer and it also caused the tightening affect to no longer exsist.

But she also wears spanx so I think that's helpin her the most plus she drinks tons of water!!!
  • Pea4jjab
    Pea4jjab Posts: 216 Member
    Options
    Bump...interested in this
  • Acg67
    Acg67 Posts: 12,142 Member
    Options
    RPN Flawless or the Mama Mio line of products
  • mea9
    mea9 Posts: 561 Member
    Options
    I've tried a few of the creams over the years and I think they are all OK (can't hurt). What makes a big difference is the cirulation you get when you apply it. The first cream I ever used was by biotherm in the 1980s and it came with a massager (hand held thing with rubber waves) and had instructions that required you to massage your thighs (or the offending area in question) for a period of time, then apply the cream massaging in. That was the big part I think. I still use the creams with a hopeful heart but I do think it's the drybrushing before my shower and the action of rubbing the cream in that does the work getting the blood circulating through.
  • Sp1nGoddess
    Sp1nGoddess Posts: 1,138 Member
    Options
    Retin-A or retinol can help fade stretch marks. I would also take a fish oil supplement if you don't already, it's great for skin in general. The Nivea CoQ10 body lotion helps firm skin, if you use it nightly. Exfoliating well helps too.
  • kjannan
    kjannan Posts: 248 Member
    Options
    I use the greasiest lotion I can find & smear it on every day after a shower. I did that when I was pregnant with my daughter too & came away with 3 tiny little stretch marks below my belly button.
  • photo_kyla
    photo_kyla Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    Bump
  • heatherswifty
    heatherswifty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Aloe can be very helpful. It is the main ingredient in Mederma which is sold (at an exorbitant price) to reduce scarring and stretch marks. Plain, natural aloe is very inexpensive. For stretched skin and cellulite bumps, research shows that vigorously massaging skin (in the shower, or with ANY lotion) breaks up the underlying fat deposits that create the pocked look to skin. Skin creams sold especially as firming creams work primarily by invigorating the blood vessels to bring more circulation to the area and to break up the fat pockets underneath, so no need for the expensive diminishing creams. I also use exfoliating mitts and a body brush encourage circulation, slough off dead skin cells, and bring fresh, new skin to the surface.
    Preparation H is great under the eyes for a puffy skin day (models use it frequently), but on a daily basis, or on large portions of your body, I highly discourage it. Petroleum jelly instead.
    Also, caffeine has been show to tighten skin (topically), but in the short term. I occasionally use coffee grounds as an exfollient in the shower (messy in the bath) which tightens skin, removes dead skin cells and the oils in the coffee leave the skin incredibly soft.
    I hope you find this helpful! Many blessings!
    ~Swifty
  • heatherswifty
    heatherswifty Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    Great post!
    ~Swifty
  • LucianaMilk
    Options
    I suggest l'occitane almond milk concentrate. It's a great body firming
  • ahedrick99
    ahedrick99 Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    Thanks for all of the great feedback!
  • Iwillshyne
    Options

^^^^ yup! This is exactly what I was gonna say. She says to slather it on and wear a pair of spanx. She looks great btw!!
  • Tjarvi
    Tjarvi Posts: 53
    Options

THIS IS AWESOME! I mentioned using Preparation H as a joke yesterday......BUT...Now I am going to get some=)) THANKS!!!