No more all you can eat places for me!

Options
Oh my gosh, people I totally blew my calories for the day by making one little trip to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner tonite and eating at the all you can eat buffet! I think my entire dinner was like 1,500 calories once I got done entering it into the food diary. And all I had was a salad (with dressing and a little spoon of seafood salad), a wheat roll, one piece of lean grilled steak, a bunch of broccoli & carrots and one little slice of carrot cake (it's made out of carrots so isn't that supposed to be good for you?- LOL)

And to think, my family and I used to go to an all you can eat place at least once a week for the longest time when we had the money.

It's no wonder I'm as big as a house now!

So , I'm officially swearing off ALL those all you can eat places for good! :embarassed:

Replies

• TaylorR
    TaylorR Posts: 10
    Options
    Oh my gosh, people I totally blew my calories for the day by making one little trip to Ryan's Steakhouse for dinner tonite and eating at the all you can eat buffet! I think my entire dinner was like 1,500 calories once I got done entering it into the food diary. And all I had was a salad (with dressing and a little spoon of seafood salad), a wheat roll, one piece of lean grilled steak, a bunch of broccoli & carrots and one little slice of carrot cake (it's made out of carrots so isn't that supposed to be good for you?- LOL)

And to think, my family and I used to go to an all you can eat place at least once a week for the longest time when we had the money.

It's no wonder I'm as big as a house now!

So , I'm officially swearing off ALL those all you can eat places for good! :embarassed:
  • TamTastic
    TamTastic Posts: 19,224 Member
    Options
    Probably a good idea! I have recently come to the conclusion that all you can eat buffets are probably one of the worst ideas ever created. Yes, you get a lot of food for the money but who needs that much food????

I would say it contributes to a large amount of the obesity issues in this country.

Let's ban them!!! :laugh: :wink:
  • plantlady99
    plantlady99 Posts: 1,338 Member
    Options
    Stay away from the I agree. Who needs all that food.

:heart: Kathy
  • kerrilucko
    kerrilucko Posts: 3,852 Member
    Options
    not to mention buffet food sits out and NEVER tastes as good as if you order a plate of whatever you like and get it fresh instead. I can't do buffets because I have images of others pawing through the food I'm about to eat stuck in my head. yuck. :sick:
  • TaylorR
    TaylorR Posts: 10
    Options
    Yuck - not to mention the little kids who poke their fingers into the chocolate pudding, the guys that come in there all dirty from work and then start grabbing food with their hands or the fools that drop stuff all over the bar just so that employees there can toss them back into the containers for someone else to eat.

Ok that does it for me ! LOL

:sick:
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    Only 1500 calories is DARN GOOD for one of those places! :wink:

We go to those kinds of restaurants at times.... and it always amazes me when I look around at my fellow diners. I'd say 90% of the patrons in the restaurant will be severly overweight - it's easy to know why!

It's a good reminder of why I don't want to go back too often! :tongue:
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Yeah they just need to stop the all you can eat. I hate going with my hubby because he makes it a sport trying to eat as many plates as he can and its not a good example for my children. But I keep myself and my children in check they know they get one plate and no seconds, if they are still hungry I tell them to get fruit but even the fruit at those places are bad more then likely alot of canned food nothing fresh.
    I look around when I go to a buffett. Every time I have gone the ratio to healthy people to obese people is like 1 to 5 seriously its a problem. Just say no!!!
  • ivykivy
    ivykivy Posts: 2,970 Member
    Options
    My dad's doctor told him don't go to Ryan's or any place like. It is a tool of SATAN!:devil:

I am usually not a bread eater but I do like their rolls.
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    My dad's doctor told him don't go to Ryan's or any place like. It is a tool of SATAN!:devil:

I am usually not a bread eater but I do like their rolls.

You mean the evil 340 calorie yeast roll that comes with the irresistible 60 calorie honey butter?? (That you HAVE TO use at least TWO of!)

:glasses: