Eating while working the Night Shift

Options
Anyone working night shift? I always have trouble figuring out WHEN to eat my meals. I usually eat before I leave for work, and at least one full meal during the 12 hour shift then one at home in the morning. My main problem arises when I am transitioning from days to nights. I will be up most all day before my first night shift aka I have eaten a full days worth of food before I even head in to work!! Does anyone have a trick they use when they are bouncing back between night shift and days off?

Replies

• moodymarble
    moodymarble Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    When I'm working nights I start my journal at midnight as I like to eat early in the shift so I have the whole shift to work it off. Nights for me are nowhere nears as busy as my day shifts. Good luck with this!
  • Hardemanwifey
    Hardemanwifey Posts: 261 Member
    Options
    Hey I work night shift so I know the feeling. Ok so for me like today im off so I eat regular but I go back to work tomor night. So tomor I will get up go to the gym then come home and have breakfast or whatever meal you wanna call it. Then I usually take a nap about 2p-5p, have a snack or meal depends on how hungry I am. I work 12hr nights so I try and eat my last meal between 1030p-12mn so it holds me the majority of the night. So the rest of the shift I usually jus snack on fruit or veggies then have my next meal after I get off and come from the gym. Now the tricky part is the days when im getting off work in am and don't have to come back, now on those days I usually only get 2 meals in. Now if im jus working 11-7a I eat my last meal before I go in to work and jus have fruit, yogurt, veggies or anything to snack on until morning. Sorry so long, hope it helps. Working nights really messes things up.
  • cheathcoat5
    Options
    I always eat one meal at work. It doesnt seem to matter how much I eat before work I am still hungary before my shift is over. So I eat either my dinner or lunch at work and use fruit to fill in during the day before work. The bonus is on my first day off I only have time for 2 meals so I can have a special meal and still stay within my goal range.