Mysterious weight Loss!?

So If I lost 1.3 pounds and of that only 0.8 of that is fat weight (according to the scale) what is the rest of that 0.5 pounds? My water percentage is up this week and my bone percentage is the same. So what is this mysterious 0.5 pounds?

Replies

• PBmaria
    PBmaria Posts: 854 Member
    Waste?
  • momma3sweetgirls
    momma3sweetgirls Posts: 743 Member
    How can a scale really tell you all that?
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member
    muscle mass, maybe, those scales aren't 100% accurate, mine has my body fat higher than it was with calipers by about 5%.
  • erinmac0211
    erinmac0211 Posts: 37 Member
    Could be muscle mass if you were doing a lot of cardio. And wow your scale sounds really neat do you mind if I ask what brand/type it is? haha :)
  • tigersword
    tigersword Posts: 8,059 Member

It honestly can't. Not accurately anyway. It's an estimate.

If it's not bone, water, or fat, it's most likely muscle, provided the numbers are accurate.
  • alienblonde1
    alienblonde1 Posts: 749 Member

I would like to know too
  • jhardenbergh
    jhardenbergh Posts: 1,035 Member

I would like to know too

it sends an electrical current through your tissues that is suppose to tell the difference between what is muscle and what is fat, but the more water percentage you have it will say you have more muscle than you do, I have a weight watchers scale that does it, it was around 60 bucks at Bed Bath and Beyond. It isn't 100% accurate for your overall number, but it's good to keep track of week to week. However I don't really write it down, so only notice a diffence when I drop from a number in the 30's to a number in the 20's. I am not an exercise guru or scientist, but all I know is it sends a current through your body. My trainer has one at his gym that is pretty spot on with the calipers I had done. Alot of things can change the numbers if there is dust on the scale, you need to clean it good for a more accurate number