This stops here.

Options
Im tired of this. Tired of allowing myself to eat 1000 calories over my daily limit and making excuses for why I do it. I was happy at 125. I know I can weight that much. There is no reason why I can make excuses for weighing 140. Im tired of having to squeeze into my jeans again. I miss my hip bones and rib cage when I stretch. I miss not having a muffin top and love handles, I hate my body now. I can't keep thinking, "Oh, it's winter time. I can eat all of these free cookies. And this cake. And have pot pie", and expect to hide it behind a sweater.

Screw this. This is my motivational rant to myself to stop making excuses for overindulging.

Replies

• Rain_Howard
    Options
    You go girl.
  • ugaerika
    ugaerika Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Love. It!
  • eddie8131
    eddie8131 Posts: 600 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your rant. Often times when I have the success I am having now with dieting, I say, you are doing good, it's ok just one slip up is fine. For me, excuses breed excuses breed excuses etc etc. I say no more!! Good luck to you.
  • fionzbmo
    Options
    I just had the same rant this afternoon!! We can do this!! We've done it before and we can do it again!! All those cookies and cupcakes aren't worth hating your body for....no matter what flavor they are!! Happy Healthy Eating
  • daves160
    daves160 Posts: 600
    Options
    That's it! get mad! Get real mad!

I hate it when all those yummy snacks and desserts show up at work, and people just decide to bake you some cookies to be nice(bless their hearts) But enough is to much.

Time to draw the line. You are making the right move. Now its just a matter of time. You can do it, and we are all here to support you.
  • murf19
    murf19 Posts: 453 Member
    Options
    Good For you. Start 2012 0ff with a bang by finishing 2011 with one!. That holiday dress is going to look great on you! The rest of your friends and family will be all eys! Keep motivating yourself!

cheers
  • fionat29
    fionat29 Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    It's only 15lbs, you can lose this weight. We'll help you if you want!
  • oftheearth
    oftheearth Posts: 104 Member
    Options
    When the cookies are FREE, and everybody's eating them, it's hard not to. No excuses, though, I know, I need to do this, too.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Go girl! :drinker:
  • femme62209
    femme62209 Posts: 327 Member
    Options
    Thank you for your rant. Often times when I have the success I am having now with dieting, I say, you are doing good, it's ok just one slip up is fine. For me, excuses breed excuses breed excuses etc etc. I say no more!! Good luck to you.

I love it: Excuses breed excuses.

We all need to remember that! Thanks for the wake up call :)
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I know this feeling. I have a huge appetite. I am the girl who can eat six donuts at one time. Six pieces of cheese cake at one time. Crazy. But lately I have been following some advice on here to ramp up my protein to 1 gram per pound of body weight, and it is making a BIG difference in my appetite. Maybe this might help. I added a protein shake in the morning and Greek yogurt. I never, ever thought this would make a difference, but it does. Just think about it. Good Luck!!!!! Life is too short to be sad and frustrated.
  • boxerbby
    Options
    im in the same situation as you and i know how hard and irritating it is to not fit into those jeans . but lets do it once and for all , no more excuses :)
  • chelle4282
    chelle4282 Posts: 58 Member
    Options
    Thank you for this... I have a whole DRAWER of jeans I used to be able to fit into. I miss them so and my excuses don't help me get back into them. You can do it!
  • agthorn
    agthorn Posts: 1,844 Member
    Options
    Hi - You are already within a healthy BMI, but your calorie goal is at 1220. Unless you're very petite, you probably have too ambitious of a weekly goal set. I am currently only three pounds more than you, but my maintenance calories are 1770 at lightly active (I'm 5'5"). Since it sounds like you are having trouble sticking to 1220, you might want to set your goal to half a pound a week if you're not already. It's amazing at what a couple hundred more calories in your daily allowance can do to the mental game of losing weight.

Also, it doesn't look like you have any exercise logged. If you can fit a little bit in, that would allow you to eat a little more and still meet your weight loss goal.
  • kaleas
    kaleas Posts: 200
    Options
    I really appreciate all the motivation. I know it's only 15 pounds, and its manageable, and I can lose it if I stop with the free goodies. But they're free. And everyone is eating them. So you feel inclined to also indulge. You mess up one day, and then feel like you've just blown the whole week. I imagine if I just stop with the extra sweets, I'd be amazed. I'm also the girl who can out eat most guys double my size. Its not bad during the summer when I was non-stop moving, but its catching up with me quick these days.
  • kaleas
    Options
    Also, it doesn't look like you have any exercise logged. If you can fit a little bit in, that would allow you to eat a little more and still meet your weight loss goal.

I do exercise daily, if not every other day. I just stopped logging it. It made me feel like I had somehow "earned" the right to eat more. I generally try to keep around 1400-1500 calories. 1220 is almost impossible with my schedule of up at 6am, classes, and going to sleep around 12-1am after spending hours in the Ceramics studio.
  • broby425
    Options
    Awesome rant! Hold onto that, and repeat it to yourself the next time a cookie calls to you.
  • woou
    Options
    I really appreciate all the motivation. I know it's only 15 pounds, and its manageable, and I can lose it if I stop with the free goodies. But they're free. And everyone is eating them. So you feel inclined to also indulge. You mess up one day, and then feel like you've just blown the whole week. I imagine if I just stop with the extra sweets, I'd be amazed. I'm also the girl who can out eat most guys double my size. Its not bad during the summer when I was non-stop moving, but its catching up with me quick these days.

If it's going to be a huge temptation, maybe try to fit them into your allotted calories for the day instead of trying to deny them completely?

Ha. I can out eat most guys, too, except my cousin. The guy can eat and eat and not gain any weight! :grumble:
  • woou
    Options

I do exercise daily, if not every other day. I just stopped logging it. It made me feel like I had somehow "earned" the right to eat more. I generally try to keep around 1400-1500 calories. 1220 is almost impossible with my schedule of up at 6am, classes, and going to sleep around 12-1am after spending hours in the Ceramics studio.

5 hrs. of sleep? :noway: I hope that's not often. It's no wonder your body is gravitating to the sweets. Sometimes your biological drive will overcome your will-power.
  • kaleas
    Options
    Yeah most nights I only get 5 to 6 hours. Sometimes if Im home early and in bed at 10pm, Ill wake up at 2am and go back into the studio, then stay up for my classes and do it all over again.