Need help

Options
Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

I lost my motivation this last month. I was going to lose this weight in order to go back to church with my family at Christmas where I would see an old flame. I wanted to impress him with my weight loss.

Someone came along to say that he not only wouldn't care, he wouldn't notice. I realized that it's the truth. He simply doesn't give a rat's behind about me or how I might look.

I lost all motivation to exercise and have been half heartedly watching what I eat. I've gained 2 lbs back. :sad:

I need a new motivation and some buddies to help me out.

Replies

• crosstitcher0563
    Options
    Hi everyone :flowerforyou:

I lost my motivation this last month. I was going to lose this weight in order to go back to church with my family at Christmas where I would see an old flame. I wanted to impress him with my weight loss.

Someone came along to say that he not only wouldn't care, he wouldn't notice. I realized that it's the truth. He simply doesn't give a rat's behind about me or how I might look.

I lost all motivation to exercise and have been half heartedly watching what I eat. I've gained 2 lbs back. :sad:

I need a new motivation and some buddies to help me out.
  • Dave198lbs
    Dave198lbs Posts: 8,810 Member
    Options
    do it for a new flame
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    In my opinion you really should not be doing this to please someone else you should do this to feel good about yourself and to live a healthier lifestyle!! It is hard to keep up the motivation I know that very well but you have to keep a goal one for yourself! not someone else and maybe you would be more motivated to keep on track because you are doing it for you and not to please some person. If you would like message me I am actually coming back to this site after a month of not watching what I ate so I myself am struggling with the motivation I just know what I want and have to keep at it no matter if I slip. Good luck to you.!!:flowerforyou:
  • ttoombs
    ttoombs Posts: 220 Member
    Options
    The first thing you need to realize is that you are doing this for yourself and your health. Once you start losing weight the added bonuses are pluses. Examples- self confidence, new clothes, better health, etc. It wasn't a fast process putting it on, it won't be a fast process taking it off, but it sure is worth it. If you need a shoulder I'm always here. :flowerforyou:
  • angelinaz
    angelinaz Posts: 262
    Options
    Look in the mirror and allow yourself to fall in love with yourself! I know I have attracted the coolest, hottest guys that way! Do the weight loss for you! Become the healthy, fun and motivated person you want to attract and you will have him knocking at your door in no time! :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: :flowerforyou:
  • sjworley_1
    sjworley_1 Posts: 4 Member
    Options
    Anything you do for yourself is going to be succsessful. You can't loose weight or change any other habit for others. You have to want to do it for you. And who cares if he won't care. Once you start seeing results for you someone much better will begin to notice. Remind youself too that your family would also like to see you healthier and happier.

Hang in there!!!
  • adopt4
    adopt4 Posts: 970 Member
    Options
    If you get on this journey for someone else, you will always fail, or be disappointed, etc. But if you do it for yourself, then as long as you keep at it you cannot fail, you cannot be disappointed, if your expectations are reasonable.

Think about those new clothes! That's a motivator. Think about how good you'll feel and how much energy you'll have! That's a motivator. Think about going out and having guys fall all over you (not that you want them, but it's nice to be fawned over!). But mostly you need to think about why you want to do this and what you hope to gain from it.