Turbo Jammers 4/13-4/19

Options

Replies

• megan0313
    megan0313 Posts: 394
    Options
    Hi Ladies,
    checking in with TS, Ab jam and 40 min jog...in the rain...I think I should get extra calories burned for that! :laugh:

Kelly, so glad you checked in...we miss you! :heart:

Lyn, what's a flair? I'll have to look. Did you get your cookbook yet??

mamiof3, have fun w/ CP3...I love it. Janet is the expert on early morning workouts around here. I have no idea how she does it! Maybe she has some tips.

Becky, I've been doing CP2 alot lately too...I just love the music on that one!

have a grat day everyone!
    :flowerforyou:
  • Dragonfly11
    Dragonfly11 Posts: 672 Member
    Options
    Hello ladies,
    Just got CP3 in the mail! I can't wait to do it. Gotta find the time somehow today to do it. Crazy busy day of running around doing PTA stuff and the after school activities. Going to try real hard to get something in if it kills me! I tried getting up at 6 to do it but I just couldn't muster the energy. I wish I could do the early morning, before the kiddies get up routine. Any suggestions to motivate me to get up so early??
    Hi Family,
    I'm here and checking w/ 20min this morning 5am (i overslept!) but at least I kept my promise to always do something when I get up! I am the resident nut who usually gets up b/c 4-430 am or so to do 45 in of TJ before work. In answer to your question it's has all been about changing my mind. My goal is to lose weight, get healthier and feel better. I feel better when I work out., especially after the work out:laugh: so I put my sneaks right near the closet by my bed and try not to negotiate w/ mself about whether or not I feel like working out - when I do that the pillow always wins!!! Set your alarm earlier and give it a try. If I miss a day now it just feels wrong ~ and the bonus is I still have the option to w/o when I get home, like tonight will be PK & K and 3T!
    Did 20min and 3T last night and I started out using bands that were really much to tight and I almost fell out getting thru the bicept section in the beginning!! I had to switch to the resisitance bands that came with the package - that's what I get for being an overachiever, LOL!!!!
    Hope all have a fantastic day ~ duty calls!!

Janet:heart:
  • Beeks5
    Beeks5 Posts: 41
    Options
    Hey girls .. I figured out the ticker! Yay for me!
    Well its raining like crazy here so its just a Turbo Jam day .. I am planning to do AbJam!!
    Hope you are all doing great! Talk to ya later!

becky

131277.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Food Diary
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hello,

Someone posted this link on another topic so I thought I would chime in. I've just started the TJ series and I'm loving it. Although it does highlight how very uncoordinated I am, especially CP! Tonight it is TS, 20 minutes and AJ! Please tell me I WILL get better at the moves, right? :blushing:

It's nice to see all you TJ fans, seems like you've been doing it a while. Now I know where to go for advice on maximizing my results. I was doing Biggest Loser DVD's and I still like them but was getting bored and decided to switch it up.

Thanks for posting this link! :drinker:

Kat
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Wildkat!
    When I first started TJ I felt like the biggest klutz in the world! Now the moves are automatic, and so much fun...it will DEFINITELY get easier!! Keep up the great work!
  • wildkat318
    wildkat318 Posts: 326 Member
    Options
    Hi Wildkat!
    When I first started TJ I felt like the biggest klutz in the world! Now the moves are automatic, and so much fun...it will DEFINITELY get easier!! Keep up the great work!

Thanks Megan, that's good to know! I'll just keep jamming along. Thank goodness I'm doing this in the privacy of my own home! :blushing:
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Lyn_Matthews Posts: 902 Member
    Options
    Welcome WildKat! You will get better at the moves. You will get stronger. It will feel like second nature eventually. I'm glad you joined us!

Checkin in with CP3, 10 minutes of Ab Jam (all I could get in, DD is cutting two teeth and she was screaming to be held), and then I walked 2 miles tonight in 30 minutes. I was literally haulin *kitten* :laugh:

Becky I'm glad you figured out your ticker!

Janet you are amazing. I have NEVER been a morning person so I will NEVER be able to do the early morning routine but I am in awe of your dedication, determination and hard work!

Night all!
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    Welcome Widlkat! I think all of us were kind of uncoordinated to start but after a while it definetly gets easier,you feel stronger and it just gets to be plain old fun. Some folks were mentioning CP2 and that has been the go to dvd of late for me too!! I love the music and the order of the combinations ~ it just rreally gets me going:drinker: the only thing I would add is "floating clouds" and "bow and arrow" to the Tai Chi cool down at the end! That would make it even more awesome! Checking in w/ CP3 - almost had to force myself , my hand was going for CP2...yet again!!
    DH just got in from his meeting so going to sign off and see how his day was ~ sounds like some grumbling in the other room,:wink:

Take care all and have a good nite:heart:

Janet
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    My cook book finally showed up!!!!!! I'm so excited!!!!

Good morning ladies. I forgot to take my measurements yesterday so I did it today and.....
    In the last month I lost a total of 3 1/2 inches and 4 lbs. Not too bad. Most of the inches came from off my hips (post baby belly pouch area) so that is good. I think as that area continues to get smaller I will be more satisfied with my body.

The weather is gorgeous here today after having windy rainy weather for the last few days. I plan on getting out and enjoying it this afternoon. I must get my workout in first. If my teething daughter will cooperate I will do PK&J today....if she wont I may just do FB and call it good.

Hope all of you are having a wonderful day.
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in with PK&J and Booty Sculpt today!

Lyn, glad your book finally came. Hurry up and try out the recipes so you can share your faves with us!!:laugh:

• Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    I got PK&J done and 10 minutes of Ab Jam.

Megan I went thru the book and tagged all the recipes I wanna try....pretty much the whole book LOL I think I will be picking about 10 to try next week. I will report on each of them :smile:

Must be close to the weekend...everyone has disappeared again :cry:
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    Janet,
    Tried the early morning thing to try out my new CP3 and I just could not do it! After 25 min, I wasn't even breaking a sweat and I wasn't into it at all! I felt soooo tired so I stopped and watched tv for a bit with my middle daughter. After a little breakfast, I tried getting on the treadmill to see if it was any better and ended up running 4 miles and Hip Hop Abs which made me happy. I'm not too sure the early morning thing is for me. I think I need some waking up time before I work out.!

Lisette
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Hey Everybody,
    hectic day so did not get to check in but I did do CP2 (gosh I love that one) before work!! Just got in and threw on the w/o gear so I headed downstairs to get something in before it gets too late. Going to be a lite one - 20min and AB Jam I think - just someting to kick it up a knotch before I shut it down for the nite.
    Drevans- Great job on the PK & J and AB Jam - it always feels so good when you're done!!:drinker:
    Please do get that apron out this weekend and try out the recipes!! I can't wait for some suggestions ~ trust me I need them ~ cooking is NOT my strong suit!

Lisette- I am glad you gave it a try - I know early morning isn't for everyone, sure wasn't for me either when I first started w/o... With my schedule there is just no concrete way to guarentee that i'll have the energy or the desire to do it later. But I desperately want and need to change so i have to get it in where I can fit it in. After a while I quit feeling like such a zombie during my work outs and started to enjoy and look forward to that "me" time. It definetely was a process though ~ trust me if my schedule permitted it I wouldn't be jumping around at 445 in the morning - i promise you that. I'm sure you'll find a routine that works for you - Great job on the work you put in today:drinker: and I'm really proud of you for giving it a try.
    Megan - Good to see you around and still working so hard!! Nice going on getting your work outs in:flowerforyou:

Well, I better get going before the remote and the pillow start calling my name:laugh:

Have a great nite everybody,
  • mamiof3
    mamiof3 Posts: 39
    Options
    I finally did CP3 this morning! I had so much fun and felt so energized doing it - maybe because I didn't get up extra early to do it!! Loved the variety on the video - I was really feeling strong! Hopefully going for a run outside later - it's beautiful out!!

Lisette
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Checkin in with FB and I'm going to do TS as soon as I get DS on the school bus.

Lisette- I'm glad you liked CP3. I really like that one as well. I could do that one 5 days a week :love:

Keep Jammin my lovelys!
  • cassangelidy
    Options
    Hello Ladies,
    I was hoping I could join in! I bought the original Turbo Jam 4 years ago and loved it...life happened and they collected dust!! EEK....I recently got the Fat Blaster Elite or whatever its called...:laugh: and I am committed to losing this stupid weight once and for all!! I am turning 29 on Aug 22nd and I made a goal of losing 29 by the time I turn 29....my hubby and I are doing 40 by 40 for him...he turns 40 at the end of December....

Anyhow, I currently weigh 191.6 as of this morning and I did Fat Burner last night for the first time...it was awesome and I did pretty good, but all that jumping around really made me aware of the areas I'm carrying too much fat!! :grumble:

So I was wondering how you account for your workouts in the exercise section? :happy:

Cassidy
  • Lyn_Matthews
    Options
    Welcome Cass. Some of us have HRMs so of course we just log the workout according to DVDs and how many cals the HRM says we burned. Those of us that don't have HRMs use either the kickboxing category or high intensity aerobics.

My story is similar to yours. I bought the original TJ in 2005 used it lost about 20lbs and then life happened. I did manage to keep the weight off until I got pregnant in Oct of 2007. After my baby girl was born in July I was determined to lose the baby weight. I started doing TJ pretty religiously Aug 25th and I have lost 45 lbs to date. The baby weight from BOTH children is gone plus about 10 lbs!

I love your rewards for your goals. That's a great way to stay motivated. Welcome to our group. I hope you enjoy it as much as we do!
  • megan0313
    Options
    Hi Everyone!

Checking in with CP2 and Ab Jam...

Lisette, isn't CP3 fun? I love the Finesse routine at the end of that one. It was my fave for a long time, lately I've been into CP2...I love them all really :tongue:

Lyn, good job on the workouts...I've really been getting into TS too. I just ordered Chalean Extreme today. I'm so excited...DH promised to do it with me...we even took our "before" pics this morning. :laugh: I'll keep you guys posted on that.

Welcome Cassidy!! :flowerforyou: Great goals you and DH have! I'm sure if you're Jammin' you'll reach them!

And Janet, even though you haven't posted yet today I'm just gonna say WTG on your early am workout today!! I know you did it...:laugh:

Have a great evening everyone!
    :heart:
  • Dragonfly11
    Options
    Good Afternoon Jammers,
    Took the day off from work today but not from working out , LOL!! Had to go for the "mammo" this morning and squeaked in 20min before I left. Getting ready to do PK & J after I finish posting and eat some lunch.
    Nice to see everyone putting their work in ~ man, are we going to be hotties 6 mos from now:wink:
    Who am I kidding ~ we're all HOT right now!!!!!

Time to get moving!

• mechanicmom
    mechanicmom Posts: 5,696 Member
    Options
    Hi all! Welcome new people!
    Sorry I haven't been checking in much. I have limited my time on the computer so that's part of it. I've also been busy with babysitting so I haven't had time to work out. Then yesterday morning my son comes down with pink eye, and by the afternoon I am starting to feel sick. I went to the doctor this morning and it turns out I have a sinus infection and an upper respiratory infection. :noway: Great. I just start getting back to working out and I get hit again. So I will be MIA for the next few days as I recover. I don't have time to catch up on all the posts, but I hope you are all well! I'll be back soon!
    MM