Anbyody else stop using their scales??

Options
2»

Replies

• mybeachpal
    mybeachpal Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I SHOULD stop using the scale every day - sometimes twice a day. If the scale reveals a bad number, this can be quite a downer.
  • RunLiftEat
    RunLiftEat Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week. I don't put anything into it though really. I go on how I look, how clothes fit. Weight alone doesn't tell you how much fat you lose. I want to lose fat, and increase strength/muscle. Weight can't really give you a clear picture on progress.
  • Heatherdfowler
    Options
    Not strange at all. I had to do that for a short period as well. If thats what you need to do to stay motivated on your journey....DO IT!
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    :happy: Thanks to everyone who posted. I did measure myself whe I started but I will forget the weighing for now. Yesterday I did a 20 minute Turbo Jam twice in a row. I did make it through both times and slept like a baby. today I was so full of energy I did all kinds of stuff that I have been too lazy to do. It truly is amazing how exercise gives you more energy. Here's to all of us in a successful weight loss journey. Bye, bye scale!
  • weightofyourskin
    Options
    I used to weigh myself once a week. Then I decided to stop for the month of November. I've reached a plateau and for me, it can be extremely frustrating to see that the number on the scale hasn't changed (or worse, has gone up!) after a week of clean eating and regular exercise. I'm trying to focus more on measurements.

I am also trying to get it into my head that while I do want to lose weight, ultimately what matters more to me is my shape and size. Like others have mentioned, if you lose fat and gain muscle, your weight might not change a whole lot, but your body will look a lot better. It's not about the number but how I look and feel. I'm working on gaining muscle mass, so that's another reason not to weigh right now.
  • needlework
    needlework Posts: 141 Member
    Options
    bump...wanted to get more opinions.
  • anhancock10
    anhancock10 Posts: 148 Member
    Options
    I stopped using my scale because i weighed myself at the gym and i weighed 135, then weighed at home 150, weighed at a friend's 160...so i never trust them to be right i just go on if my pants fit because if i go up a size i know i need to be doing something different!
  • Chika85
    Chika85 Posts: 92 Member
    Options
    I weighed myself two weeks after I started working out and it just bummed me out. I haven't weighed myself since then, I just take pictures and go by how my clothes feel.
  • nrimas
    nrimas Posts: 83 Member
    Options
    I'm sure it works for some people, but I'm a daily weigher and plan on keeping it that way. It keeps me on track.
    Agreed. Whenever I don't weigh things get out of control pronto.
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I've joined so many groups and weigh-in fri, sat, sun & monday! I thought it would motivate me so I had to lose each week, though its stressful this week as I've had back injury and can barely move, let alone exercise! ... I just know I'm either gonna be same or even worse have put some weight on.

I don't think I'll stop until I reach my goal then might not do it as often and check every so often to make sure I'm not piling too much back on.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    I haven't stepped on the scales for several weeks. I wasn't noticing any change on the scales, yet I was definitely losing fat and getting thinner. I didn't really make a decision to not step on the scales, but I'd just think to myself "I know what the scale is going to say, so what's the point?".