new shoes

Options
So I am getting nice running shoes for my birthday in a couple weeks...most regular shoes I am a size 8.5 or 9, so I was surprised when the people at the running store measured my foot and reccomended an 8. So I ended up with a pair of new balance shoes in an 8...I would have liked to try an 8.5 to be sure, but they didn't have any in. So the lady suggested if I buy them, to try them on a treadmill first to make sure they fit ok.

So my brother took me as a guest to his gym the other day.....oh my God these shoes are amazing.:noway: Now granted, the last time I tried running I was 40 pounds heavier and in much worse shape than I am now, but still....I did great and my feet felt fabulous!

The last time I tried running on a treadmill, I walked 5 minutes and running even a minute almost killed me. The other night I ran 5 minutes at a time, and I felt great. I probably could have went longer but I didn't want to kill myself. So I walked 5, ran 5 etc for 30 minutes. I was so amazed. By golly I WILL be a runner one day!

Replies

• amymeenieminymo
    amymeenieminymo Posts: 2,394 Member
    Options
    So I am getting nice running shoes for my birthday in a couple weeks...most regular shoes I am a size 8.5 or 9, so I was surprised when the people at the running store measured my foot and reccomended an 8. So I ended up with a pair of new balance shoes in an 8...I would have liked to try an 8.5 to be sure, but they didn't have any in. So the lady suggested if I buy them, to try them on a treadmill first to make sure they fit ok.

So my brother took me as a guest to his gym the other day.....oh my God these shoes are amazing.:noway: Now granted, the last time I tried running I was 40 pounds heavier and in much worse shape than I am now, but still....I did great and my feet felt fabulous!

The last time I tried running on a treadmill, I walked 5 minutes and running even a minute almost killed me. The other night I ran 5 minutes at a time, and I felt great. I probably could have went longer but I didn't want to kill myself. So I walked 5, ran 5 etc for 30 minutes. I was so amazed. By golly I WILL be a runner one day!
  • LuckyLeprechaun
    LuckyLeprechaun Posts: 6,296 Member
    Options
    will be? one day? :noway:

hey girl- I'm here to tell ya- YOU ARE A RUNNER!!!!!!!!!!:flowerforyou:

Congratulations!
  • Frost
    Frost Posts: 312 Member
    Options
    I love New Balance shoes! I have NB cross trainers. NB are made a little wider so you some times go down a size in them. Plus when you lose weight you can also lose a half size to a full size in shoes. :)

You are currently a Sprinter so that makes you an official runner :) I'm a sprinter too. I like to do a quarter mile run then walk a quarter and so on.
  • STACYESPARZA
    STACYESPARZA Posts: 308 Member
    Options
    My son goes to a military academy and he loves New Balance...Since they run and do PT for long periods of time they are perfect. He is 16 and solid and he will not wear anything else when exersizing... They hike about 5 miles a day sometimes and he has had the same ones for almost 5 months and they are still holding up great!!!
    Now hanging out is a different story when it comes to shoes...lol
  • Wolfena
    Wolfena Posts: 1,570 Member
    Options
    That's kinda odd.... because most times your running shoes will run a size BIGGER than the regular shoes you wear, due to the pressure you put on your feet and not wanting your toes to ram into the fronts of the shoes.