Hello all!

Options
cm62357
cm62357 Posts: 17 Member
I am finding this a very useful site. I have thought about doing a food journal for a long time, but I also knew if I did that I would have to look in black and white how many calories I was putting into my body. But the time is now. I had gotten down to 160 lbs but am not back up to 170. We recently moved and because of the move I am currently not working and so I am home all day and for me that means more eating than I should. I have begun to take our dog for long walks and that is a step in the right direction but I think I am ready to conquer the calories!!

Cheryl

Replies

• cm62357
    Options
    I am finding this a very useful site. I have thought about doing a food journal for a long time, but I also knew if I did that I would have to look in black and white how many calories I was putting into my body. But the time is now. I had gotten down to 160 lbs but am not back up to 170. We recently moved and because of the move I am currently not working and so I am home all day and for me that means more eating than I should. I have begun to take our dog for long walks and that is a step in the right direction but I think I am ready to conquer the calories!!

Cheryl
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    HELLO!!! Instead of being at home in a cage of food while you await your new job, think of it as an opportunity to create your own home gym. You don't always need the state of the art equipment to lose weight at home. Try some calisthenics, pushups, crunches. I do my ab work on one of those $10 Wal Mart exercise balls. Lightly jog your neighborhood and do some fast paced work around the house. You can also do some squats with boxes of stuff. If you have stairs, that would also be a great way to get some light cardio in. I hope that is a start and GOOD LUCK!!!
  • mommyhof3
    mommyhof3 Posts: 551 Member
    Options
    Welcome! :flowerforyou:

This is an awesome site and if you use all the tools given on here you will be well on your way in no time. I find that I can find something to do all the time to keep myself busy. Squats at the counter, pushups, crunches, walks, running stairs, walking the dog, throwing the ball for the dog, the list goes on and on. I find I cannot sit and do nothing though. That is my trigger to go eat. it helps me sleep at night though because I am so active during the day :smile:
  • cm62357
    Options
    Thank you for the great ideas!!
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    WELCOME!!:flowerforyou: :flowerforyou: This site is easy to use and very helpful. The people on here have great tips and recipes to keep you going. Good luck on your journey!!!:bigsmile:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    Welcome, Chery.:flowerforyou:

MFP is a great place to find motivation and all the tools you need for your weight loss journey.

Look on the message boards under motivation and support and find a group to connect to. It really helps to have a group of friends to share support and encouragement. there's a 40+ and a 50+ group and some groups that do fitness challenges.

Take it one day at a time, log your food the night before and keep moving.

good luck, you can do it.:bigsmile:
  • cm62357
    Options
    Thank you again for all the support and encouragement and good ideas!! I am loving this site already! The hard part is looking, black and white, at what I am putting in my body, calorie-wise. I have long dreaded doing a food journal because I knew what it would show me and there would be no way around facing the changes I know how to make, just dragging my little hoofies about doing it. But this site makes it so easy that I have NO excuse.
  • heather93277
    Options
    Welcome :flowerforyou:

I think you'll love this site because it's so easy to keep track of those calories if you stay honest...

I'm an at home mom and can relate to being home all day... whenever you get the urge to eat out of boredom, either go for a walk, do some jumping jacks/push ups/sit ups, or even just pull out the cleaning supplies and get to it :bigsmile: You'd be amazed at how many calories you can burn off by mopping and washing walls and windows hahaha :laugh:

best of luck to you!!