Wii Fit...Worth it?

Options
I am debating asking for a Wii Fit for Christmas. I have some DVD's that I love and we have an exercise bike. I am just looking for something a little different. Is it worth it?

Replies

• MrsJackieH
    MrsJackieH Posts: 151 Member
    Options
    I love the wii fit! but thats just me, i really find it helps me stay on track, and its got such a variety :) itscounts the calories for you and on the plus side most of its games are om the mfp calorie counter :)
  • raige123
    raige123 Posts: 352
    Options
    I really love mine! :)
  • midwifekelley2350
    midwifekelley2350 Posts: 337 Member
    Options
    we used ours for a little while but haven't been on it for at least a year. i am a gym person, though, i get easily distracted at home. it is fun to play with but never felt i was getting a great workout.
  • aliciagetshealthy
    aliciagetshealthy Posts: 946 Member
    Options
    Love mine! Half my workout days are done with the Wii (Fit and Biggest Loser) :flowerforyou:
  • onmywaytoskinny155
    onmywaytoskinny155 Posts: 228 Member
    Options
    For fun sure go ahead and get it. For weight loss it does nothing for me except remind me that I am obese
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    I think so, we have a gym membership, and mostly use it just for weight tracking and goal setting. Yet this morning my wife was on it having a ball for her work out today.
  • Dangerously15
    Options
    I just finished jogging on mine. And the yoga and strength training is one of my favorite things to do on it. I love it, but I do like to have a lot of variety to choose from so I also have zumba..lots of fun.
  • AmyG1982
    AmyG1982 Posts: 1,040 Member
    Options
    I've had a wii fit pretty much since they've been around and honestly it lost its pull for me. I had a lot of people tell me they got bored of it and though "nah, there's no way I'd get bored of it". well, I did. Some of the games are fun and I do like that it tracks your weight (haha well I don't like the number it's been tracking, but you know ;). it makes you justify it if you gain wieght which is good in a way as it makes you think about it. I have the wii fit and the wii fit advanced and haven't touched it in at least 6 months. I like the wii sports more than the fit. BUT what I've really fallen in love with is the Kinect. All I have so far is Kinect Adventures and Dance Central and after 45 min I'm dripping sweat where I never felt like I had that same impact from the wii fit (and i'm in better shape now than I was when i was using the fit). If you have a friend or family memeber who'd be willng to lend you theirs I'd suggest that first. try it for a month and see if its worth it. I kinda regret the money I spent on the fit and accessories. Just my 2 cents.
  • jaabee11
    jaabee11 Posts: 322 Member
    Options
    I've only had mine for 3 days but I already love it, it has me jogging which i never do. It has lots of fun ways to just get you moving which for me is just perfect atm. I'm guessing for people who are gym junkies it wouldn't seem like a workout but I can tell you I'm burning the calories & am hot and bothered at the end of it. I'm looking forward to working it all out and coming up with a program that suits my needs, not quite there yet as I"m still experimenting.
  • Mybabie
    Mybabie Posts: 239
    Options
    My husband got me one for christmas a few years ago and I just love it,
  • PippaJo_
    PippaJo_ Posts: 233 Member
    Options
    I have a lot of fun with mine. Sometimes I can't face doing a regular workout video and slogging away at that, but I know I need some activity, so I haul out the Wii and do things like rhythm boxing, or skateboarding, or skiing. I enjoy working at skills, and this gives me that much needed outlet.

I don't burn as many calories at it as at other things, but overall, it's not bad. You get out of it what you put into it.
  • annabellj
    annabellj Posts: 1,337 Member
    Options
    I agree about the kinect. you might be able to go to gamestop to try it out also. some of the games hav eyou running and jumping and I am dripping sweat also!
  • beccahansen
    Options
    Absolutely worth it!
  • mom2BandD
    mom2BandD Posts: 101 Member
    Options
    I got the Wii Fit last Christmas and I used it like crazy at first but I found the workouts were not for me. I do some of the workouts now and then with my kids but mostly I use it for tracking my weight/weightloss. Wii games are a lot of fun and like others have said most games are found on MFP so you can count your calories burned too. :) Anything that makes burning calories fun is alright in my book. :)
  • JDRBT
    JDRBT Posts: 264 Member
    Options
    Don't have the Wii Fit,but I do have Just Dance 2 and Just Dance 3. LOVE THEM! So I'd say, if it makes you move, it's a good investment!
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I love the wii! The fit is nice but I love the dance games....I work out without even thinking of exercise and I can do it with my 5 year old :) They have all sorts of dance games....just dance 1,2,3 ... country 1,2.... kids..... smurfs dance..... zumba :heart:
  • ritaadkins2002
    ritaadkins2002 Posts: 371 Member
    Options
    i love mine...:drinker:
  • LisaDodson
    LisaDodson Posts: 7 Member
    Options
    Love my Wii Fit! It got me completely hooked on Yoga, which I do daily but have outgrown the Wii Fit Yoga and moved on. But still use it for running, boxing and step aerobics. My son and I also do several of the dance games for extra calorie burns and fun. Plan to purchase the Black Eyed Peas Experience soon.
  • xlovemehalwaiyzx
    Options
    wii fit is nice. but i really love the xbox kinect. i don't have to use any controller and they have great games/work outs that really kick my butt. and it gets your whole body moving plus it can really tell if you are doing it right! i vote for kinect.
  • k2d4p
    k2d4p Posts: 441 Member
    Options
    I haven't read the other comments. My opinion is that it is based on your fitness level. If you are in relatively good shape and like intense workouts, do not get the Wii Fit. I got it because sooooo many people recommended it. I was very disappointed because the workouts are very easy and do not raise my heart rate hardly at all. I rarely use mine anymore at all. I mainly used it for the body tests. If you are a beginner and are looking for less intense workouts, than the Wii Fit might be a good place to start.

I got Just Dance and Just Dance 2 for my Wii and it is a much better workout and a lot of fun. I also got Dance Central for my XBox and that is a good work out as well.