What's your favorite low cal dinner?

Options
Looking for some ideas on different low calorie foods, and I was curious as to what other's like. Just starting out and I have 220lbs to lose so we all know I LOVE food. Now it's time to switch over to some healthy eating. I have been browsing some web sites and have found some good looking things I want to try. Was thinking of buying the new biggest loser quick recipe book that was on the show the other day. Any ideas?

Replies

• jecka31
    jecka31 Posts: 284
    Options
    I love what I made for dinner tonight: tilapia, salad and a brown & wild rice combination.
  • fatimaleonardo
    Options
    Black Bean Soup! it's low calorie and has awesome fiber & protein
  • skinnymeinaz
    skinnymeinaz Posts: 384 Member
    Options
    I have several of the biggest loser cookbooks and I also have skinnygirl cookbooks that I love too. No favorite dinner though.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    butternut squash soup! yuuuum :) OR if you wanted something a little more filling spaghetti squash
  • jecka31
    Options
    Black Bean Soup! it's low calorie and has awesome fiber & protein

I love black bean soup!! I'm just waiting on it to get cool enough here in Texas to make soup!!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    other than a good PBJ with some light Chocolate Silk? :love:

:heart: :heart: :heart: Chicken with a little butter and Nature's Seasonings, brown rice and green beans :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • honda1300
    Options
    I know this may sound silly, but I had 1-1\2 cups of cooked oatmeal with a T of brown sugar, 1/2c of 1% milk and a T of Cranraisins. I also had an orange rather than orange juice. I have this at night sometimes because it is high in fiber and therefore very filling! I had a cup of broccoli with 5 crushed walnuts over it for a snack earlieir so I didn't feel guilty not having any veggies! LOL
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    a pound of tilapia fillets and a massive bowl of steamed broccoli.
  • Kslice39
    Kslice39 Posts: 146
    Options
    I LOVE soup! Campbells healthy selects are really good, i also love to eat healthy choice steamers(honey balsamic chicken is one of my favs and i make it myself as well!). Im also a bug fan of garlic, chicken and fish. Feel free to look at my food diary(i only started this site like 2 weeks ago but hey ideas are ideas lol). I love to look at other peoples food diary to get some new ideas :)
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    I love portion control. Yesterday, I had 1 cup spaghetti noodles, 1/2 cup spaghetti sauce, 1 slice texas toast garlic cheese, all adds up around 461 calories.
  • GraceysMommy09
    Options
    Some really good ideas! I didn't know we could see each other's food diary's. That's neat.
  • slimmingdownsteph
    slimmingdownsteph Posts: 201 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/stylishsteph/view/grilled-salsa-chicken-using-a-george-foreman-grill-153537

i've also made them using ranch dressing (wishbone spritzers.. the italian dressing is also a good choice), poppy-seed dressing, and different soups (depending on the flavor i'm going for). making them plain and just adding cheeses or spices is also very tasty

:):)
  • mrwall1
    Options
    Turkey Taco Salad, Large green salad with Tuna, Chicken breast stirfry,
  • GraceysMommy09
    Options
    Spaghetti is my favorite!!
  • GraceysMommy09
    Options
    Broccoli and walnuts sounds really good!! Adds a little crunch to it!
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    At home, broiled chicken with steamed broccoli or roasted califlower. The roasted califlower is a meal in itself. So good! Broiled pork chops with homemade sweet potato "chips" is great too. I also make a chicken salad with mixed greens, scallions, broccoli slaw (just the slaw mix - no mayo of course), broiled chicken, cucumbers, and very trace amounts of: almond slices, rice noodles, and toasted Asian sesame dressing. Toss and enjoy!
    A really yummy option out - is Noodles & Co. - the Med. sandwich. I went there as a friend really wanted to go one evening - I looked ahead at the nutritional info online. The sandwich is one of my favorites - and at 330 calories, a pretty decent choice at a pasta restaurant. If you have a Noodles & Co. near you, I would highly recommend it. The great thing is a lot of restaurants have their nutritional info online - if you have to go out - plan, plan, plan. Otherwise, make all the meals you can at home. You will save yourself a lot of calories, fat, & sodium. Perhaps some $$ too.
  • GraceysMommy09
    Options
    So much info from you all, thanks soooo much!! What do you think about prepared packaged meals that are low calorie for on the go eating? I was thinking of getting some smart ones for lunch at school and maybe a salad or fruit, mix it up.
  • TGomo
    TGomo Posts: 35
    Options
    The pre-packaged foods are good for portion control and certainly save on time, but be careful of the sodium content in them. Some of them have a ton! Do whatever works with your life - some people have the time to cook, some people don't. I am about 50/50. I do what I can, but some nights I am beat and a Lean Cuisine it is. And if my kids really want pizza, I definitely do something different as I know one piece is the fall of the first domino for me. If you know certain foods are trigger foods, it is sometimes truly easier to just go without.
  • californiansun
    californiansun Posts: 392 Member
    Options
    Fish tacos, black beans and rice!
  • jecka31
    Options
    I east frozen diners for lunch a lot. You just want to watch the sodium on them. I am to keep it under 600 mg.