Chunky Vegetarian:)

Options
Hi! I've been a Vegetarian for 3 yrs now and I love it!...but i've packed on some pounds and I need to lose them!
I'm a terrible vegetarian, I eat cheese pizza 3 times a week, but i'm changing that and and i think fitness pal is really going to help me:)

Replies

• rajivdubey
    rajivdubey Posts: 382 Member
    Options
    I am a vegetarian (by birth!!) lol.

I have been on beans and vegetables diet for a while and have lost significant amount of weight and body fat...! But yes! Cheese Pizza 3 x a week does not go in the diet plan!!
  • jellyfishjen
    jellyfishjen Posts: 1,787 Member
    Options
    Obese vegetarian here. 4kg's away from being just overweight.:smile:

First, I find it amusing when people say they are going vegetarian to lose weight. And I love the question when people find out I'm vegetarian (for over 30 years), they look at me and ask but what do you find to eat, as if there is little for a vegetarian to eat.? I point to my obese self and say obviously I find plenty. As you say cheese pizza, chocolate, and fries. I generally eat very healthy just a lot of it.
  • EmilyB589
    EmilyB589 Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    I'm also vegetarian (for 13 years).

Cheese is also my downfall - nice to know I'm not the only one :happy:
  • DoingItNow2012
    DoingItNow2012 Posts: 424 Member
    Options
    I second, third, fourth all of that. (no longer true vegetarian tough, started eating seafood last year after 18 yrs :-(.
  • VinGoSlim
    Options
    I have all the same weaknesses. Cheese is a hard one and pizza, dont even get me started on pizza. Im going mostly low fat raw vegan for this because I dont just want to lose weight, I want to gain health at the same time. all the fruit and vegetables I want to eat! Juices and green smoothies are the ticket as well. hey, All the best to you on whatever path you choose. everyone feel free to add me as a friend if you like. Love to have you :)
  • shovav91
    shovav91 Posts: 2,335 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I'm Elle. I've been a vegetarian (pescetarian now) for almost 13 years. Feel free to message me with any questions! You're going to love it here; everyone's really supportive :D
  • Sambo004
    Sambo004 Posts: 549 Member
    Options
    Hi. I'm a veggie, born and bred and I hear you. Starch & cheese - every veggies worst enemy. Since starting on MFP I've basically cut out cheddar almost completely, I have a tiny bit grated, maybe once every 2 weeks. I stick to mozzarella, or feta in my salads, as they are much lower in fat. I also make my own pizzas (once a week, it's our Friday treat night), which are much lower in calories than buying takeaway pizzas. You will be horrified at how high in calories pizza is, and with logging your calories daily, you'll quickly realise you're better off without it.

Good luck! And if you would like to friend me, please do, am happy to offer my support. You will love MFP - it's just great!
  • keyzzee
    Options
    Hi, Im fairly new to this site, I joined a while ago, but have just really started this week. Its nice to know that Im not the only one who struggles with cheese. I have drastically cut down, but really need to make a much more concerted effort, as I need to get 45 lbs off, so that I can do my static line parachute cert. I can do it now, but being overweight increases the risk of injury, so if any veggies have some nice low cal etc recipes, I would love to hear about them.

x