F.U.P.A.

Options
Hey guys and gals. After all this weight loss, what are you doing about the fupa? (fat upper pubic area) also lovingly referred to as the mommy belly, pooch or front-butt. Now, I haven't had a baby, but now that I'm 27 and not 17 I'm losing weight top to bottom. I've lost it in face, neck, around ribs and waist, but my lower stomach has lost the least inches by far. Any suggestions? My family is supportive of going for the knife after the bulk of weight is lost, because they want me to enjoy the result and not be knocking into my belly with my knees (insert sarcastic charade of this). Also, I know some people who have developed heat rash etc under the fupa, mind you I'm very clean, maybe in an ocd way, but that's another post for another day. So to all you males, females, and shemales what do we do about the fupa??!!

Please be clean in your responses and respect that it's a genuine problem. Don't laugh at my fupa, she's sensitive.

Replies

• peachNpunkin
    peachNpunkin Posts: 1,010 Member
    Options
    bump
  • Samsara9
    Options
    Wait until you have lost all of your weight before you consider surgery! I am 43, have had 3 kids, and don't have one at all. I do a lot of yoga, which really helps! You are young, and your skin is more apt to tighten up than someone older. Surgery is risky, so if you can do it the old fashioned way, then go that route! Good luck :drinker:
  • hozik
    hozik Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Have patience, it takes awhile for the belly and skin to contract. In the meantime, I had a doctor suggest using antiperspirant there if it doesn't bother your skin. She suggested the clear gel type for this purpose.
  • tameko2
    tameko2 Posts: 31,634 Member
    Options
    Have patience, it takes awhile for the belly and skin to contract. In the meantime, I had a doctor suggest using antiperspirant there if it doesn't bother your skin. She suggested the clear gel type for this purpose.

O_o why? What would that theoretically do?

And OP - you should lose it without having to resort to surgery. The abdomen is just the absolute last place you lose.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    Thanks for the suggestions. I'm taking it slow. 20 lbs down, but the lower tummy skin is lower than it should be and it may defy gravity for it to sneak back up into place. Eating lots of dairy to make skin more elastin. Fingers crossed.
  • Samsara9
    Options
    Sorry, I mis-read your post...you are going to wait till you have lost all of the weight before you would opt for surgery...that is awesome, you might be suprised to see how good your belly looks after it is all said and done. Work on tightening up your muscles in that area (again....I do intense, hot yoga, and it is amazing how it has changed my body).
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options

Keep u from getting heat rashes or skin irritation.

And OP - you should lose it without having to resort to surgery. The abdomen is just the absolute last place you lose.
  • Skeith5
    Skeith5 Posts: 89 Member
    Options
    lay on your back, hands under your butt. Cross your legs at your ankles and raise your feet up a couple feet. Slowly lower them until they are a couple inches off the ground, pause and then raise them back up slowly. Do that 20-25 times a night (start increasing reps as you can...) It's a great exercise for that area.

Scott
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options

Keep u from getting heat rashes or skin irritation.

Antipersperant to keep it dry between the skin folds to avoid rash. Once it breaks out it can grow bacteria in a warm moist place.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    lay on your back, hands under your butt. Cross your legs at your ankles and raise your feet up a couple feet. Slowly lower them until they are a couple inches off the ground, pause and then raise them back up slowly. Do that 20-25 times a night (start increasing reps as you can...) It's a great exercise for that area.

Scott
    I'll add that to my repertoire. Thx Scott.
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    I'd like to include yoga into my rep as well!
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    Sorry, I mis-read your post...you are going to wait till you have lost all of the weight before you would opt for surgery...that is awesome, you might be suprised to see how good your belly looks after it is all said and done. Work on tightening up your muscles in that area (again....I do intense, hot yoga, and it is amazing how it has changed my body).
    [/quoteno worries. I'm planning to wait at least 9 months. Just self conscious
  • SingSmileLaugh
    Options
    bump
  • DopeItUp
    DopeItUp Posts: 18,771 Member
    Options
    Once you hit your goal weight, wait about 2 years before even CONSIDERING surgery. You are young, you have a high likelihood of the skin recovering. It's just gonna take time.
  • SeanMurphy
    Options

Scott
    Great exercise that can work the lower abs, for sure. Completely irrelevant to losing the fat in that area, though, as spot reduction isn't possible.
  • Sidesteal
    Sidesteal Posts: 5,510 Member
    Options
    Great exercise that can work the lower abs, for sure. Completely irrelevant to losing the fat in that area, though, as spot reduction isn't possible.

^ This, and btw FUPA made me LOL =)
  • presaida1986
    Options
    Tightening your stomache lifts sagging skin ..generally thats what "F.u.p.a." is so Mummy kicks , 6inches, flutter kicks basically work your abs ..im not sure bout the rash ur talking bout consult a doct ..also wear girdles when ur home n the tight waist panties hiphuggers are a no go they make it worse hence why half the girls dont have a shape on their waist these days
  • BarackMeLikeAHurricane
    BarackMeLikeAHurricane Posts: 3,400 Member
    Options

Scott
    It won't help lose fat in that area but adding muscle mass to that area will keep skin tighter.