tea

Options
Can someone tell me please does tea with no milk, sugar have any calories in please????

Replies

• ProTFitness
    ProTFitness Posts: 1,379 Member
    Options
    Bagged tea should not have sugar or calries in it BUT always read the ingredients to be sure. That is for anything your eating or drinking
  • andrea198721
    andrea198721 Posts: 173 Member
    Options
    Celestial Seasonings Tea...they have a ton of flavors with no calories, sugar, caffiene or anything else.
  • ilovelife
    Options
    Thanks, did read label OH explained there weren't any but just wanted to double check :D
  • raccoonroad
    Options
    I am having a cup of black green tea as I type. It's 2am and I can't sleep---hope this helps:love:
  • seaponie
    seaponie Posts: 26 Member
    Options
    sorry charlie, both black and green teas are energizing teas. looks like you're pulling an all-nighter :P
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    There are some great teas on the market. Trader Joe's- love the Ginger Pear organic tea during the day as a cold beverage. Always Chamomille at night. And just purchased a tea that Costco was sampling and am enjoying that as well. It has much more flavor and zing then the two from Trader Joe's. All are herbal and all have no calories, no sugar, no caffeine.
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    As far as I know, the ONLY thing with no calories is water. A lot of things have VERY low cals, but everything I've encountered, including teas, have calories.
  • kantone999
    Options
    Plain tea has no calories but the caffeine can throw a wrench in the weight loss gears. Caffeine stimulates the production of cortisol. Cortisol is the main culprit behind both carb cravings and the infamous "spare tire." High levels of blood cortisol tell the body "a sabre toothed tiger is after us (or whatever you find stressful). We need to load up on carbs so we can fight or flee." Doesn't matter if sabre toothed tigers have been extinct for centuries. Your reptile brain doesn't know and acts the same way it always has.

Try decaf or herb tea, most of which are caffeine free.
  • suzycreamcheese
    suzycreamcheese Posts: 1,766 Member
    Options
    tea on its own is calorie free, or negligible. I wouldnt be worried about the calories in a black unsweetened tea
  • ilovelife
    Options
    thanks for all the help + info :)