Possibly TMI

Options
Should I log the cals I burn during "intimacy"?

Replies

• zumbalove29
    zumbalove29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    Its still a burn, I would
  • Dexy_
    Dexy_ Posts: 593 Member
    Options
    Sweet. My hubby is gonna love me! haha
  • MîîśÊmÿłõü
    MîîśÊmÿłõü Posts: 285 Member
    Options
    Was just thinking this last night haha I'm glad I'm not the only one!
  • zumbalove29
    zumbalove29 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    ;-)
  • PBJunky
    PBJunky Posts: 737 Member
    Options

Depends how intense it was...if he was doing all the work then no
  • JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    yeah if it was some hot heavey omg where did the chimp come in sex then count it but if not then try harder next time. There is and exercise you can really get into if you have the partner for it. Good luck .. it would be funny if your husbands name was Jim..:)
  • steve81872
    steve81872 Posts: 23 Member
    Options
    That is about the least of my concerns during that time. lol
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Nah I wouldn't. Enjoy sex :] Leave calorie counting and exercise out of that IMO :]
  • aWashCloth
    aWashCloth Posts: 198 Member
    Options
    Hahah I was thinking the same thing XD
  • tonyavanwinkle2
    tonyavanwinkle2 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    I think it's up to you. Personally, I count everything from little burn to big burn, just cause it feels good to know I burned something off. :) I think it's your personal preference though.
  • TavistockToad
    TavistockToad Posts: 35,719 Member
    Options
    i would only count it if i was being intimate specifically to burn calories...!
  • Dexy_
    Options
    i would only count it if i was being intimate specifically to burn calories...!

Haha! Good point! :)
  • HonkyTonks
    HonkyTonks Posts: 1,193 Member
    Options
    Hmmm, I dunno. I don't think sex burns too many calories, unless it's very vigorous.. I would google 'how many calories does sex burn' and confirm that though.
  • elly68
    elly68 Posts: 39 Member
    Options
    you just wanted extra calories for the chocolate sauce and cream lol
  • Dexy_
    Options
    Hmmm, I dunno. I don't think sex burns too many calories, unless it's very vigorous.. I would google 'how many calories does sex burn' and confirm that though.

I'd be using a HRM :P My Hubby is really excited just to see how many it burns!
    Options

score then! Haha i think most people secretly wonder this lol
  • HeidiMightyRawr
    HeidiMightyRawr Posts: 3,343 Member
    Options
    Unless it's a rare occurrence or a lot more wild than usual, I wouldn't, since even if it's not an everyday activity it was still no doubt a regular part of your life before you started trying to lose weight.

As a one off to see the calorie burn sounds interesting but I wouldn't try and measure it every time.
  • bigbugboo
    Options

Weren't you having sex before you started on your diet and exercise regime? If you were overweight then why log it as extra activity now?

Unless it's gained extra 'va-voom' since then, lol
  • Kirsty_UK
    Kirsty_UK Posts: 964 Member
    Options

i do wonder if that's accurate though, because your heart rate will go up, regardless of burning calories surely?
    Weren't you having sex before you started on your diet and exercise regime? If you were overweight then why log it as extra activity now?

Unless it's gained extra 'va-voom' since then, lol
    I'm not sure I get that argument - I know others have used it as an argument against anything they were already doing before, like commuting etc, but surely you log your activity level on mfp and anything above that activity level should be logged, regardless of whether you did it before or not. That's kind of like saying if you used to go to the gym before mfp and were overweight still, you shouldn't log your gym burn.

I don't personally log sex, just feels odd too to be honest, and I'd rather just count it as a "freebie" in terms of extra weight loss.
    Options

I don't personally log sex, just feels odd too to be honest, and I'd rather just count it as a "freebie" in terms of extra weight loss.

Same. I don't think my friends want to be updated on my sex life either! lol xD