Running tights?

Options
Anybody have any advice on running tights for winter? I have some cheap ones which are not very thick. I think I might prefer something with a bit more compression.

Replies

• gabriele135
    Options
    i just got some nike pro combat hyperwarm tights and they are amazing!!
  • Faeriegirl74
    Faeriegirl74 Posts: 187 Member
    Options
    I bought some compression running tights from Old Navy (their new fitness line) and I gotta say they worked just as well (if not better) than my ones made by New Balance.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    Old Navy sells some inexpensive but high quality tights. I have 2 pair and LOVE them.
  • FAVOLOSOMII
    FAVOLOSOMII Posts: 188 Member
    Options
    I bought some from Academy Sports' BCG line and LOVE them! $19.99 a pair. I don't know about Old Navy, but everyone seems to like them so go for it!

I know I need and love mine because it helps me SO much!
  • ItsCasey
    ItsCasey Posts: 4,022 Member
    Options
    I also like the new Old Navy compression line. I bought a few pairs of capris for general workouts (not a runner), and I find them to be of very good quality for the price. Haven't tried the full length tights, but I can only assume they are the same.
  • mimaduck83
    mimaduck83 Posts: 175 Member
    Options
    ooooh perfect timing! I was bought some Nike Dri Fit tights at the weekend. Feel like I've been poured into them but they are sooooo comfy! BUT...how do you stop the b4stard things falling down! Not to mention my underwear! Spent the whole run yanking my pants from round my knees!!
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    I'm going to have to try out Old Navy's!!!

I run in the cheaper Champion brand and have had no problems.
  • loserMC
    loserMC Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I use a Nike pair that I LOVE. Not too thick but very tight/warm/effective.

I am going to check out the new ON line. Every other pair of ON workout pants that I have stretch very quickly and then start to fall down during my workouts. Not good!!
  • Cranapple
    Options
    If you have one near you, check out TJ Maxx. I get all of my running/hiking/snowshoeing clothing there. They have the name brands for 50% (or more) off.
  • KimertRuns13_1
    Options
    I love my Sugoi sub zero tights.
  • Givemewings
    Givemewings Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I'm in the UK, so can't get Old Navy :(
  • melsinct
    melsinct Posts: 3,512 Member
    Options
    If you have one near you, check out TJ Maxx. I get all of my running/hiking/snowshoeing clothing there. They have the name brands for 50% (or more) off.

Ditto this. I get all of my workout gear from TJ Maxx or Marshalls (leggings, yoga pants, tank tops, etc.) and end up with name brand stuff on the cheap. My latest buy was $60 workout pants for $12. Can't beat that.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I'm a Lululemon gal! I love all their products, great running tights. If you can't get them, then Nike is a very close second, and similar in pricing. They both have the compression feature now too. The new Nikes have a warm panel in the front of the thigh, which is awesome 'cause that's where I get really sore running in these frigid Canadian winters!

Regardless of the actual tights that I wear, windproof pants (trousers?!!) are the way to go if you are running in super cold weather (-15 C and below). But I suspect it doesn't get that cold there. (Lucky you!) I have run in -25C weather and the windproof pants were my saving grace!!!
  • bregalad5
    bregalad5 Posts: 3,965 Member
    Options
    Once I get my check from Old Navy this week, I'm going to give the money right back to them by trying out a pair of their compression pants. I've helped a few people try them out, and I'm always jealous since I haven't had the money to spend on them yet!

Does anyone that wears them also wear a knee brace? I'm interested (and a bit nervous) to see how my knee brace stays on with a slippery pair of pants under it...
  • Givemewings
    Options
    OMG I really want the nike element thermal running tight particularly because they come in a tall size too ( I have a 34 inch leg) but I just don't think i can justify spending £50!!!
  • Givemewings
    Options
    Yopu can get old navy stuff sent to the UK now but i just checked and the delivery charge alone is around £20 :(!!
  • ennaejay
    ennaejay Posts: 575
    Options
    ooooh perfect timing! I was bought some Nike Dri Fit tights at the weekend. Feel like I've been poured into them but they are sooooo comfy! BUT...how do you stop the b4stard things falling down! Not to mention my underwear! Spent the whole run yanking my pants from round my knees!!

seriously. I bought an off-brand "Merino" or something from TJMaxx, the price was right, they're thick enough for winter runs, but I need more compression around my butt, they seem to slide down more than I'd like, the slightly loose feeling is highly annoying.

Spend the money and get a good pair from Nike or Underarmour, or a brand you can trust.
  • meli_medina
    meli_medina Posts: 594 Member
    Options
    I use a Nike pair that I LOVE. Not too thick but very tight/warm/effective.

I am going to check out the new ON line. Every other pair of ON workout pants that I have stretch very quickly and then start to fall down during my workouts. Not good!!

You have to make sure you're washing them correctly. Inside out, cold water, delicate cycle. Then dry on low heat. If they don't dry completely with the low heat cycle, I let them finish drying via the air. This keeps the spandex from getting stretched/warped by the heat. Basically, you should treat compression gear the same as you would swimwear. :)

I have the compression capris and a compression jacket and have been wearing each for about 3 months. The capris get washed about 1-2 times per week with the above directions and haven't had any problems with them.
  • jessicamckay13
    Options
    I have Nike DriFit (??) that I love. I will also put on some of my super thin spandexy tights under a pair of light pants. I love Under Armour gear but for some reason do not have any of theirs.
  • nancyburgin
    nancyburgin Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    I have heard that about TJ Max...I am definately going to be checking it out!!