weighing yourself

Options
Probably been discussed before, but when do you weight yourself? and how? first thing in the morning? after breakfast? clothes on/off? how many times a week?

whats the biggest fluctuation in weight you have had between weigh ins?

Replies

• chivalryder
    chivalryder Posts: 4,391 Member
    Options
    In order to get the most consistent results from weighing yourself, the best time to do it is first thing in the morning, after you wake up and urinate, with no clothes on. Your weight can actually fluctuate by up to 5 lbs over the course of a day.
  • akgirl42
    akgirl42 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself every Sunday morning after I use the bathroom. I don't eat anything or drink anything until after my weigh in. Since I have joined MFP the most I have lost is 3 pounds and the least I have lost is 0 (This past week). I knew this would happen since I was way over in my calories. Good luck to you. If you want to add me as a friend, please do so. We all need friends to talk to and share our days...good and bad.
  • In order to get the most consistent results from weighing yourself, the best time to do it is first thing in the morning, after you wake up and urinate, with no clothes on. Your weight can actually fluctuate by up to 5 lbs over the course of a day.

I weigh myself every morning,but only put on site once a week as I think is more accurate.
  • VeganGal84
    VeganGal84 Posts: 938 Member
    Options
    Every Saturday, whatever time I wake up, after using restroom and naked.
  • In order to get the most consistent results from weighing yourself, the best time to do it is first thing in the morning, after you wake up and urinate, with no clothes on. Your weight can actually fluctuate by up to 5 lbs over the course of a day.

I weigh myself every morning,but only put on site once a week as I think is more accurate.
  • trishlambert
    trishlambert Posts: 213 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning, every day. I end up attaching too much importance to the number if I limit myself to a weekly weigh in, which has an unnecessarily adverse impact on my mood/mindset if the number isn't what I think it should be. Plus it's been interesting to see the sawtooth pattern to my weight loss, educational to see the natural fluctuations. I've been up as much as 2 pounds from one day to the next--and these instances have invariably been when I'm slightly constipated and haven't had my usually regular bowel movement.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I usually do a couple times a week, right after I wake up and pee...
  • novalh42
    novalh42 Posts: 102 Member
    Options
    I weigh every day first thing. I get up, go potty and then weigh in my birthday suit. I only count it once a week. This doesn't work well for a person who doesn't understand or can't handle seeing the fluctuations.
  • Punkedpoetess
    Punkedpoetess Posts: 633 Member
    Options
    Once a week, usually Friday or Saturday. First thing in the morning and after I go to the bathroom. I also weigh in naked.
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    First thing in the morning (everyday) after a wee and no clothes on - i also repeat every night - i think i maybe a control freak - but i find it focusses my mind. My official weight i record is the weight on a monday morning post pee and pre clothes going on. The most i have lost in a week in 3lb's (this week WOO HOO)