First GOOD NSV for me...

Options
I called my mom and my husband and shared this info with them... they were both very "ok" with saying congrats and all but I just didn't get the feeling they REALLY knew how BIG OF A DEAL this was... so I am sharing it with you all I know you WILL UNDERSTAND exactly where I am coming from and the excitement I had when this happened!

I ordered a sweater from my local Fashion Bug and had the ladies that worked there help me figure out what size to order. Now, I generally wear a 1X in most tops. I had on an XL jacket on the day I ordered the sweater and told them I had lost weight and was still loosing. They both suggested just get an XL, so that is exactly what I ordered. It came in and I tried it on AND IT WAS TOO BIG- it fit somewhat in some areas but after talking to the manager of the store she really thought that a LARGE would fit much better... OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I HAVE WORN A LARGE ANYTHING??? So freaking long I don't remember when it was! I was so excited that I ordered 2 of those suckers!!! I am a wee bit worried that I may fall inbetween the L and XL right now but if I do I am pretty sure in the next couple of weeks I won't be!!! I was so happy and excited that I think it took 2 hours, or more, to get the smile off my face!!! Hope everyone had a good weekend and thanks for allowing me to share my NSV with you all!

Replies

• Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Options
    Love it! Yeah, my bf tries to understand, but if they aren't going through it, they just don't get it! Congrats on your hard work!
  • Kjanthony
    Options
    that is awesome and i understand how big a deal it is. it confirms to us what all the hard work we are doing is worth it
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    Options
    I get you - i can not wait until by BMI says i am OVERWEIGHT (i have been OBESE since i first discovered BMI)

I think i maybe the only person longing to be overweight!
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Jenninedinburgh Posts: 70 Member
    Options
    Totally understand! Way to go!!!! :) That's awesome!!!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! I went shopping yesterday and had a similar experience - I tried on a UK size 18 dress, thinking that it would be too tight, and it was too loose. The 16 fit, but is still a little tight to be flattering, so I'll try again in 5kg time! This shop has more generous sizing than most shops here, but the excitement of trying on a 16 and doing it up...! I haven't worn a size 16 dress since I was about 13!

9371113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • Demwitted
    Options
    That is a great feeling! Congrats!
  • amckenny
    amckenny Posts: 22 Member
    Options
    dianeellen2 - Believe me, you're not the only one!

OP - Congratulations! Very excited for you!
  • Abelrose
    Options
    That is a wonderful story. Once of the great side effects of taking better care of yourself. Enjoy your new blouses!!!
  • ChristinaK42
    Options
    I'm doing the "happy Dance" for you. I totally get it. great day for celebrating. I'm so proud of you. You do know we expect a picture...please please please.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    Options
    I'm sooo happy for you. Congrats on your hard work paying off!
  • mailmansmrs
    Options
    That is AWESOME!!!!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    Options
    I'm doing the "happy Dance" for you. I totally get it. great day for celebrating. I'm so proud of you. You do know we expect a picture...please please please.

Not sure about this yet... I really hate pictures of me yet! We recently had some family pics taken and I had lost only 15 pounds at the time- but everyone could tell I had lost some weight- but those pictures.... damn some of them really made me feel so fat and awful! It didn't help that everone else was in a "darker grey or black" so that just made ME stand out even more... ugh - :cry: So with that in the back of head now I REALLY REALLY hope the larges fit when I pick them up... who knows if they do and I like the way they fit I may snap a pick to share with everyone. :laugh:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Options
    Congrats!!! What a great feeling :bigsmile:
  • HouseHoldSix
    Options
    TOTALLY get it! Good for you - keep going!

One of my goals is to get rid of every single X or W (for women's sizes) in my closet by next summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!