Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

First GOOD NSV for me...

I called my mom and my husband and shared this info with them... they were both very "ok" with saying congrats and all but I just didn't get the feeling they REALLY knew how BIG OF A DEAL this was... so I am sharing it with you all I know you WILL UNDERSTAND exactly where I am coming from and the excitement I had when this happened!

I ordered a sweater from my local Fashion Bug and had the ladies that worked there help me figure out what size to order. Now, I generally wear a 1X in most tops. I had on an XL jacket on the day I ordered the sweater and told them I had lost weight and was still loosing. They both suggested just get an XL, so that is exactly what I ordered. It came in and I tried it on AND IT WAS TOO BIG- it fit somewhat in some areas but after talking to the manager of the store she really thought that a LARGE would fit much better... OMG DO YOU KNOW HOW LONG ITS BEEN SINCE I HAVE WORN A LARGE ANYTHING??? So freaking long I don't remember when it was! I was so excited that I ordered 2 of those suckers!!! I am a wee bit worried that I may fall inbetween the L and XL right now but if I do I am pretty sure in the next couple of weeks I won't be!!! I was so happy and excited that I think it took 2 hours, or more, to get the smile off my face!!! Hope everyone had a good weekend and thanks for allowing me to share my NSV with you all!

Replies

• Redness82
    Redness82 Posts: 134 Member
    Love it! Yeah, my bf tries to understand, but if they aren't going through it, they just don't get it! Congrats on your hard work!
  • that is awesome and i understand how big a deal it is. it confirms to us what all the hard work we are doing is worth it
  • dianeellen2
    dianeellen2 Posts: 259 Member
    I get you - i can not wait until by BMI says i am OVERWEIGHT (i have been OBESE since i first discovered BMI)

I think i maybe the only person longing to be overweight!
  • Jenninedinburgh
    Jenninedinburgh Posts: 70 Member
    Totally understand! Way to go!!!! :) That's awesome!!!!
  • castadiva
    castadiva Posts: 2,016 Member
    Congratulations! I went shopping yesterday and had a similar experience - I tried on a UK size 18 dress, thinking that it would be too tight, and it was too loose. The 16 fit, but is still a little tight to be flattering, so I'll try again in 5kg time! This shop has more generous sizing than most shops here, but the excitement of trying on a 16 and doing it up...! I haven't worn a size 16 dress since I was about 13!

9371113.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • That is a great feeling! Congrats!
  • amckenny
    amckenny Posts: 22 Member
    dianeellen2 - Believe me, you're not the only one!

OP - Congratulations! Very excited for you!
  • That is a wonderful story. Once of the great side effects of taking better care of yourself. Enjoy your new blouses!!!
  • I'm doing the "happy Dance" for you. I totally get it. great day for celebrating. I'm so proud of you. You do know we expect a picture...please please please.
  • heaven_511
    heaven_511 Posts: 315 Member
    I'm sooo happy for you. Congrats on your hard work paying off!
  • That is AWESOME!!!!
  • hummingbird71
    hummingbird71 Posts: 298 Member
    I'm doing the "happy Dance" for you. I totally get it. great day for celebrating. I'm so proud of you. You do know we expect a picture...please please please.

Not sure about this yet... I really hate pictures of me yet! We recently had some family pics taken and I had lost only 15 pounds at the time- but everyone could tell I had lost some weight- but those pictures.... damn some of them really made me feel so fat and awful! It didn't help that everone else was in a "darker grey or black" so that just made ME stand out even more... ugh - :cry: So with that in the back of head now I REALLY REALLY hope the larges fit when I pick them up... who knows if they do and I like the way they fit I may snap a pick to share with everyone. :laugh:
  • SmileyJ23
    SmileyJ23 Posts: 349 Member
    Congrats!!! What a great feeling :bigsmile:
  • TOTALLY get it! Good for you - keep going!

One of my goals is to get rid of every single X or W (for women's sizes) in my closet by next summer.
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!