Anyone need to lose over 100 lbs?

Options

Replies

• CorinthiaB
    CorinthiaB Posts: 488 Member
    Options
    A suggestion if I may. Why not create a group for the 100 or more pounders and we can all communicate there in the group and do challenges just for us...
  • embersfallen
    embersfallen Posts: 534 Member
    Options
    I've lost 88 so far....with about 95 to go...so I totally understand the struggles!!!! Will send you an add... it definatally starts with your mind///.. I have lost and gained about 30 pounds over and over again in the past... if I had consistanly gone down, i would be done now! grrr. ;) But the past 2 and a half years... even with some long, discouraging plateaus, It's been constantly going the RIGHT direction... it's a mindset, and a life style change... ! you can do it!
  • leighlay7
    leighlay7 Posts: 6 Member
    Options
    I have about 100lbs to loose! It feels like its going to take forever! It gets a lil discouraging a times but I know its something that we can all do! I found this girls site- UNDRESSED SKELETON and she lost 100lb's in a year! Its so encouraging to see her pictures & read her recipes! She's in college like me, so it just show's me even more so that I can do this!
  • budgetqueen79
    budgetqueen79 Posts: 310 Member
    Options
    Hello! I've lost 80 but I have 100 to go so you can add me also!
  • divainme
    divainme Posts: 69 Member
    Options
    Add me to your friend list.... Its more dauntiing when we have so much more to loose and skinny people are whinning about their 10lbs.....
  • seamaj01
    Options
    I had 125lbs to lose.. as my goal. I had the VSG surgery.. so far in the last year, I have lost 86 lbs. It made it somewhat easier, but by no means is it the end all, be all. You still have to exercise, you still have to eat the right kinds of food. It certainly has made it a lot easier to limit quantity, cause you just don't have the volume anymore... but still these last 40 lbs are killing me, lol... as my body has gotten used to eating only a certain amount. I think at this point, I am not eating enough... not getting the required amount of protein, I am afraid to eat, as I don't want to gain weight... so it's kind of an issue for me. I could go days without eating food, but drinking, and be okay and not hungry provided I have enough to drink.
    Good luck to you, and mainly I would tell you to limit your portion sizes, eat small healthy meals... a protein, a veg.. and very little carbs, or at least the good carbs, but get your protein up to about 60-80g a day, frequently. It helps. Don't be afraid to use high-quality, high protein drinks to replace a meal. They help.
    Julie
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    I can definitely relate...being someone who is teetering around that 100lbs mark that I've lost thus far and still not at my goal. Its a LOOONNNNGGGGG journey...and it seems like you're never able to get to the maintaining stage of this journey...but eventually it will come. And one thing for sure...I would never trade where I am now....for where I was before. One thing I've come to realize is that no matter how much weight you have to lose...its still a challenge for that person. Our journey is much longer...however its still a challenge. I think that no matter how much you have to lose...you can gain support and knowledge from anyone traveling this same journey....and sometime can learn something different from someone who doesn't have as much to lose that you weren't aware of.

Good luck on this journey...
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    @IbDatChick...you are definitely right. In the beginning it seemed so much easier...then you get to a point where you have to FIGHT for every pound...that's the frustrating part for me these days. Makes me wanna scream ALRIGHT ALREADY...JUST BUDGE SCALE:-)
  • UnderConstructionJ
    Options
    @KeeponKicking...you look FAB...CONGRATS!!!
  • Annieboo51
    Options
    im still a newbie to my fitness pal, only been on for about a month or so. i have more than 100 to lose. if you want you can add me.
  • dcantrell28
    Options
    Plan on losing between 140 and 150. Its going to be a long road. Love the support here.
  • Matttdvg
    Matttdvg Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    Yeah, I've got over 100lb to lose. It's really daunting, but with the support of people on here I'm sure I can do it.
  • afrazier128
    afrazier128 Posts: 99 Member
    Options
    Anyone with 100+ to lose can add me! I have that to lose and more, and can use all the help I can get, too! (50 is a mini-goal)

PS: November 17 I have my first "official" weigh in since I started with doc in mid-October. Can't wait to see how these last few weeks have truly gone!
  • projectviolin
    projectviolin Posts: 9 Member
    Options
    Hello everybody:

I need to loose more than 100 lbs too. I am new to MFP and I am absolutely lovin' it!!! I would love to be friends with anyone on here.I try to be on MFP daily. Send me any friend requests, if I havent already sent you one. We can all encourage each other!!!!! Keep up the good work and never give up.
  • DWilbanks
    DWilbanks Posts: 420 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 plus pounds to loose, feel free to add me for support, I figure we need all the support we can get. I plan on doing this. This time next year, I want to be someone else's motivation.
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    Raising hand! It seems so overwhelming at times. I've lost 12 pounds so far and while I know that is great, I can't help but think "yeah, it is just a drop in the bucket" when you consider how much I have to lose.
  • Roma_Tee
    Options
    Girl, you are not alone....adding you now. It seems that most people I come in contact with didn't have that much to lose. Hopefully we can inspire each other through our struggles and success.
  • jenready
    jenready Posts: 2,658 Member
    Options
    I'm sending you a request. Anyone else can feel free to add me too. I have a little over 100 pounds to lose.
  • mayjen85
    Options
    Me too! I have a long way to go and most people on here only need to lose the "last few pounds". I want to lost at least 85 more pounds, I've already lost almost 30.

:happy:
  • sayfay
    sayfay Posts: 90 Member
    Options
    I have a 100 plus pounds to loose, feel free to add me for support, I figure we need all the support we can get. I plan on doing this. This time next year, I want to be someone else's motivation.

Funny you say that - I browse the success stories every morning for inspiration and I've thought many times about what I WILL say in mine WHEN I reach goal!