What's a better way to track weightloss/health?

Options
I'm sure both have their merits, but if you were to pick one, what would it be, measuring your weight by the scale, or by inches?

Replies

• mary_kate23
    Options
    i prefer to go by the inches, since i'm already in my "ideal weight zone". I've lost 3" between my waist, hip and thigh in a month, but had only been down 8-9 lb.
  • rachel4
    rachel4 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    For ME inches.
    I know the muscles I’m building weigh more that the flabby fat, so I measure myself every Saturday morning :) I have not gotten on a scale in 2 weeks and it feels GREAT!!!!
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I would say inches because you can lose inches at time and nothing shows on the scale.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Both are useful tools, and both can lie to you. The key is to give it several weeks and make sure what you're seeing is an actual change and not just a minor fluctuation before you start jumping the gun with changes to your routine.
  • luvbwfc
    luvbwfc Posts: 107 Member
    Options
    I go for both, but if I had to pick one I'd say inches. I don't ultimately care what I weigh, more looks focused.
  • iAMaPhoenix
    iAMaPhoenix Posts: 1,038 Member
    Options
    Inches and I will leave it at that...lol
  • ETC80
    ETC80 Posts: 28 Member
    Options
    That's tough because I like to do both...

I also pay attention to how things look in the mirror, how I feel (energized v. sluggish), and how my clothes fit.