Kindle

Options
2»

Replies

• gashinshotan
    gashinshotan Posts: 753 Member
    Options
    Get a nook tablet - has more features and an actual microsd slot!
  • jacquelyn_erika
    jacquelyn_erika Posts: 524 Member
    Options
    Thanks everyone. I'm glad to hear all the positive reviews. So far I am leaning towards a kindle.
  • chellesky
    Options
    I ordered my kindle last monday from amazon and it hasnt come today as I expected LOL
    I so want it!
    Anyhoo it was nice dipping into this thread and reading that Id made a good decision to get one.
    Happy Reading Everyone :smile:
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Still waiting for my kindle fire to arive, but I love my kindle app on my android tablet.
  • chubby_checkers
    chubby_checkers Posts: 2,354 Member
    Options
    i absolutely love my kindle. i went with that instead of a nook because i like shopping amazon better than b&n. prices of e-books are a little ridiculous though. some of the new releases are only a dollar cheaper on kindle than in hardcover.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    I have had my Kindle since almost the begining (I did replace it recently, after I dropped it hard, on a tile floor), and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.

Do not go with a Nook color, unless you plan on using it for not reading primarily. I would go somewhere to try out both the regular Nook (NOT color), & the Kindle. Assuming you're a reader, most of us greatly prefer non-backlit screens. I can read my Kindle at the park in the sun, or anywhere I want, not so easy on my phone, because it's backlit- same goes for other backlit screens. If you'll rather use it for magazines and things that need color, go with the Nook Color, but my eyes hurt if I read too long on a backlit screen, too, so it's not for me. So I really recommend the e-ink that the Kindle or regular Nook offers. Beyond that, it's just what feels better in your hands, IMO.
  • dragonbait0126
    dragonbait0126 Posts: 568 Member
    Options
    I heart my kindle. For the exact reasons that have been previously stated. I will say I got a cover for mine from etsy. It's made of cloth so I can wash it if it gets dirty, it's much more lightweight than the leather covers, and way less expensive too. I paid less than $25 for my cover including shipping.
  • Krizzle4Rizzle
    Krizzle4Rizzle Posts: 2,704 Member
    Options
    I have an old school e ink kindle that I got last year for christmas. & I loved it. Even though I am getting a tablet for christmas this year..I will still prolly use my kindle!
  • FearAnLoathing
    FearAnLoathing Posts: 4,852 Member
    Options
    I LOVE mine :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: :heart:
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    I WANT ONE I WANT ONE I WANT ONE!!!!!!!!!
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    Im asking for the new Kindle Fire for Christmas. I heard it's alot better than the previous ones.
  • SarabellPlus3
    SarabellPlus3 Posts: 496 Member
    Options
    Im asking for the new Kindle Fire for Christmas. I heard it's alot better than the previous ones.
    The Kindle Fire is more like the Nook Color (or iPad), if you read the other posts for those comparisons.

I do have an iPad (backlit), and I sure don't read on it-- it's more for web surfing and my kids play games on it. I read on my (e-ink) Kindle all the time, and sometimes magazines on my iPad, but I'd never really sit and read books on my iPad, so think about what you're going to use it for when making your decision.
  • Laurelje
    Laurelje Posts: 167 Member
    Options
    Got the kindle fire...on it right now, and LOVING IT!! It's backlit and does everything a tablet does. Bonus for Amazon users -everything you have downloaded is readily available on the fire - awesome!