so upset

Options
just to have a moan was supposed to be going swimming tonight with my daughter but iv just tried my swimming costume on and my extra sized boobs are just hanging down to my knees theres no support in this costume so im not going will feel so embarrassed so iv just ordered one online with support everywhere possible cost a arm and a leg so better be a good un. Thanks for listening had to have a rant and just made me more determined to get this weight off.

Replies

• lovethe3
    Options
    Oh, my! Been there, done that! Dont get discouraged though! We all have to start somewhere and I commend you for doing something good for you health. Hang in there and in no time you will need a smaller swimsuit and you will look amazing in it!
  • NA_Willie
    NA_Willie Posts: 340 Member
    Options
    From here on out, I'm calling them "swimming costumes"

Don't ever curse big boobs. Small breasted women would cut your throat to have em.
  • amymaria91
    Options

Don't ever curse big boobs. Small tittied women would cut your throat to have em.

what else do you call them?
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Don't ever curse big boobs. Small tittied women would cut your throat to have em.

Swim Suits.
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    Bathing suits.
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    I remember being in college and wearing the fake boob inserts in my swim suite just so i didn't look flat. I was a 36 A sometimes B. Nearly 20 years later and I am 36C. After wanting them so bad in my teens, I don't think I will ever complain about them.
  • mistresseeyore
    mistresseeyore Posts: 717 Member
    Options
    Yeah. we call them bathing suits here. I might adapt to swimming costumes. I'm hoping that I fit into my swimming costume by the summer.
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

[/quote]

Swimsuit, bathing suit, bikini, one-piece, swimwear - a swimming costume implies an old-time bathing suit (see google definitions to back this up) that was more of a wet-suit since times were more conservative.

Trying on swimsuits is ALWAYS your best bet especially if you have certain requirements such as tummy tuck panels and support. Ordering a frilly purple bikini from Walmart for example has much less repercussions.
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    Swimming costume - it makes every trip to the pool like Halloween.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    Before my breast reduction, I had the worst time finding cute bathing suits with any kind of support in them. I took to buying a bra that matched the pattern on my bathing suit as close as I could find and would wear it underneath. It made me look better and feel better!
  • heathersmilez
    heathersmilez Posts: 2,579 Member
    Options

HA HA HA, LOVE IT!!
  • amymaria91
    Options
    I've always called it a swimming costume and nothing else. Didn't realise there were so many different names!
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    neither did i always called them swimming costumes and chevy88grl i thought about a sports bra underneath just for tonight its black the swimsuits black think i could get away with it.
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    No, wearing fancy dress to go swimming would make it like Halloween. Am I right, UKers?
  • Alexagetsfit
    Alexagetsfit Posts: 313 Member
    Options
    I've had this problem before. I just wear a sports bra underneath the suit. It works like a charm.
  • marie111
    marie111 Posts: 91 Member
    Options
    and willie they can have em lol
  • ElizabethRoad
    ElizabethRoad Posts: 5,138 Member
    Options
    I remember being in college and wearing the fake boob inserts in my swim suite just so i didn't look flat. I was a 36 A sometimes B. Nearly 20 years later and I am 36C. After wanting them so bad in my teens, I don't think I will ever complain about them.
    But at 36C you don't know how it feels to have huge ones so you really wouldn't have a reason to complain.
  • NA_Willie
    Options
    and willie they can have em lol
    I'll take em. Put em right in my face. Lol.
  • _Timmeh_
    _Timmeh_ Posts: 2,096 Member
    Options

OOPS.gif
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options
    But at 36C you don't know how it feels to have huge ones so you really wouldn't have a reason to complain.

depending on your frame, a 36C could be considered large.