Strugling with weight loss

cierra0714
cierra0714 Posts: 1
edited October 5 in Introduce Yourself
I just had a baby 9 months ago and as with my other two kids, lost 20 pounds pretty much instantly and was 10 pounds away from my first goal weight by the time we went home two days after he was born...I have since eput on 30 pounds and now weigh 10 pounds more than i did the day i had him...I am breastfeeding so i know my weight loss is going to have to be pretty slow but i have not been able to lose any weight over the last 6 months...i try to eat healthy but crave carbs and sweets so bad...i never feel full even when i eat a ton of carbs...so i'm trying this site to see if i can lose some of this weight...

Replies

• jillreed34
    jillreed34 Posts: 6 Member
    Welcome! I love this site!
  • SlimBananas
    SlimBananas Posts: 124 Member
    Welcome!! I understand,I just had a baby almost two months ago & gained 30lbs with him on top of the 40 I gained with my daughter 16months before him. I dOnt breast feed but my weight loss has been slow too. But the site is helping me a lot with changing my eating habits, just wish the scale would get on the same track lol
  • benedict91
    benedict91 Posts: 77 Member
    patience. Congrats on the baby, but the weight loss is a struggle. I struggled with mine and I continue to struggle with my weight 2 years after having my first child. But, I find this site keeps me educated and "real" about my eating and exercise.
    I too crave sugar and sweets; but since joining I have begun limiting my sugar and carb intake and it really does make a difference. After 2 weeks I have droped 4 lbs and my cravings are actually subsiding. Just something to consider :)

Good luck with everything!
  • Hi there, I just joined and I'm thinking how much calories should I intake daily to start losing weight but still breastfeeding. I also had a baby 9 months Ago. I'm struggling too to lose weight. I have extra 20 pounds after my baby plus extra 20 pounds from before so ideally I would love to lose 40 pounds. Anyways, All the best!
This discussion has been closed.