Hello everyone!

Options
Hello eveyone,
I'm joining after a friend recommended the site to me. I am getting married in two months time (although to be honest I've already got the dress so just need to stay the same or nearly for now) but I've always struggled with my weight due to a love of food, PCOS (hormonal and metabolic disorder) and, as of last week, a suspected non-functioning thyroid too.
So it's always a struggle for me but I think also I eat more than I think so having to fill in the food diary will be interesting for me. I just started this morning and it's already making me think harder about how much I'm eating.

Anyway, hello you all. I'm feeling really excited about this and think that this could be just what I need.

Speak soon,
Lowenna

Replies

• Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Hello eveyone,
    I'm joining after a friend recommended the site to me. I am getting married in two months time (although to be honest I've already got the dress so just need to stay the same or nearly for now) but I've always struggled with my weight due to a love of food, PCOS (hormonal and metabolic disorder) and, as of last week, a suspected non-functioning thyroid too.
    So it's always a struggle for me but I think also I eat more than I think so having to fill in the food diary will be interesting for me. I just started this morning and it's already making me think harder about how much I'm eating.

Anyway, hello you all. I'm feeling really excited about this and think that this could be just what I need.

Speak soon,
    Lowenna
  • jennlos
    jennlos Posts: 200
    Options
    Hello Lowenna Welcome to this site and yes it is a real eyeopener to see the amount of calories lurking in the food that we love. Then when you see how long it takes to burn makes you really think about what you are eating. I hope that you find this site helpful good luck with you weight loss journey!!!:flowerforyou: :smile: :bigsmile:
  • jennlos
    Options
    didn't mean to post twice whoops:embarassed:
  • MOMOFTWO29
    MOMOFTWO29 Posts: 8,276 Member
    Options
    Hello and welcome to MFP, the best website ever. You will love it here. I :heart: this site. It is so motivational, supportive, helpful, and everyone is so nice and friendly here. I just wanted to tell you good luck on your weight loss journey. You can do this.:smile::flowerforyou: :smile: :flowerforyou:
  • lizabean89
    lizabean89 Posts: 33 Member
    Options
    Welcome! I just seriously started a few months ago myself and I love this site. It is a great way to be accountable to yourself. Good luck and congratulations on the wedding.:smile:
  • jjsmomma
    jjsmomma Posts: 1
    Options
    Hi! I just signed up....Had a baby 4 months ago and ready to get back into bikini shape! I never had to diet in my life, I need help! These last 10 pounds dont want to budge!
  • jennlos
    Options
    Hi! I just signed up....Had a baby 4 months ago and ready to get back into bikini shape! I never had to diet in my life, I need help! These last 10 pounds dont want to budge!

Hello welcome to the site, it will be a very helpful tool in your weight loss journey. I am sure once you start counting calories and adding a little exercise your 10lbs will be gone before you know it. GOOD LUCK :flowerforyou:
  • Lowenna1
    Lowenna1 Posts: 22
    Options
    Thanks for your support everyone :flowerforyou:
  • okiegyrl22
    okiegyrl22 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Hello everyone! I am new here also. I have lots of weight to lose and I am so excited to begin.
  • car34jojo
    car34jojo Posts: 29
    Options
    I joined about 5 days ago. I love the site. I have not been in any of the chat rooms, but starting that now. It is an eye opener to see how much calories and fat some items have in it. I have so much weight to loose that I keep forgetting it is a one day at a time. I just want it all off now.

188559.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Free Calorie Counter
  • car34jojo
    car34jojo Posts: 29
    Options
    I joined about 5 days ago. I love the site. I have not been in any of the chat rooms, but starting that now. It is an eye opener to see how much calories and fat some items have in it. I have so much weight to loose that I keep forgetting it is a one day at a time. I just want it all off now.
  • jennlos
    Options
    WELCOME TO THE SITE TO ALL THE NEW MEMBERS!!!
    Lowenna1
    jjsmomma
    Lizabean89
    car34jojo
    okiegyrl22

GOOD LUCK WITH EVERYONE'S WEIGHT LOSE JOURNEY!! WE CAN ALL SUCCEED!!!:flowerforyou: :smile: :bigsmile: :happy: