Started 2 Weeks Ago - Weekends are Killers...

Options
I everyone. I found this program 2 weeks ago when I added the MyFitnessPal App to my IPhone. While I faithfully monitor calories and exercise during the week, it all goes to hell on the weekends. This weekend was especially bad when my husband and I went away to Cape Cod, and who can avoid those big belly fried clams ... ugh! I look forward to reading others' stories of their journey to health as well as all the help and support!:smile:

Replies

• dls06
    dls06 Posts: 6,774 Member
    Options
    We all have trouble on the weekends. I wish I had an answer.:drinker:
  • rorasmom
    rorasmom Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hi, I started using this about 2 weeks ago too, have always found weekends difficult because we tend to do a lot of driving and going out with the children, and Starbucks is a huge weakness for me! Have recently cracked it though and got my other half to join in with me, although it's great to have support I think I've created a monster! That said, with us both doing it we're working together for it! Good luck with your journey!!

12419214.png
    Created by MyFitnessPal.com - Nutrition Facts For Foods
  • zozilla09
    zozilla09 Posts: 45 Member
    Options
    I agree about the weekends being tough BUT I am trying something new (to me) in that I'm not going to beat myself up over it. Today is a new day and I'm going to make the best of it. I wish I had a better answer too and some magic motivation for the weekends!
  • CJK1959
    CJK1959 Posts: 279 Member
    Options
    Yup...weekends can be tough...I find though, if I continue to log everyday...even if I go over,....after a while, you just "know" what you can eat, and you can have "weekend" food as long as you make provisions for the calories. Do some extra exercise, plan out your day.....especially if you know that you will be tempted later. That way, if you plan you can have what you want. Good luck to you and hang in there.
  • knighttrain74
    knighttrain74 Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I agree! I love the weekends for countless reasons but as far as diet and excersie go they suck! My wife doesn't have the weight problems I do so she loves to go out which I don't mind. But it's hard to be good when everyone else is ordering steak, potatos and cheese fries!
  • hbrittingham
    hbrittingham Posts: 2,518 Member
    Options
    I actually do better on the weekends than I do on the weekdays. During the week, people will bring all sorts of food into the office, plus I only have so much time to devote to exercise. On the weekends, I generally only eat what's in the house and I also have more time for exercise. It didn't used to be that way, though. I used to "not count" the weekend and I was losing weight extremely slowly. Once I cracked down on my weekends, the weight started coming off pretty quickly.
  • hangie47
    Options
    I too, Have lots of problems on weekends or my day off from work, when I have more down time.. My mind tells me I can relax and have good time, well for me I try to make up veg trays, low fat jello, and popcorn plus lots of fruit and water it doesn't always work well, but it works sometimes
  • jakejacobsen
    jakejacobsen Posts: 595 Member
    Options
    Pre Planing your food for the day can help with the weekends or weekdays. If you make a plan you just need the will power to stick with it. I started doing this when I was trying to get my macro's in order. It was a huge help for me best of luck to you all!
  • LastSixtySix
    LastSixtySix Posts: 352 Member
    Options
    You know, you are right. It happens to me to and makes me sad. Because the two or two and a half days of Friday night through Sunday we allow to be "off schedule", our healthy eating practice also stalls. There is no reason to go "off diet" on weekends if we stop a moment and think about it. What does "off diet" mean in regards to our health? "Off diet" means that the opposing forces that would have us fat and to an early grave mark another win on their already skewered scale.

Frankly, I'm sick of it. For the time being, in order to get the new healthy natural eating regime to stick, I must decline all weekend activities and gatherings that take me away from what is most important to me right now. The only things I will be involved in on the weekends now through the holidays are the Turkey Trot 10K coming up soon and the Nutcracker Ballet.

Whew, thanks for the wake up call!

-Debra
  • Liebestraum
    Options
    Yes I agree....especially Sundays during football season when I find myself surrounded by beer, nachos and chicken wings....
  • _Ben
    _Ben Posts: 1,608 Member
    Options
    Weekends are tough. Best suggestion is have one heavy meal, and the rest light ones. Mine is normally heavy dinner, so Im pretty low cal for lunch/breakfast
  • ladym04
    Options
    weekends are tough for me too, i work hard all week and just want to be lazy on the weekends. Its a work in progress. lol
  • W0zzie
    W0zzie Posts: 262 Member
    Options
    I was/am not as well behaved on weekends but it hasn't seemed to completely wreck things. I compensate a bit by ensuring I workout on Friday & Monday and going under a bit. Otherwise it's a case of trying to find a balance and not feeling guilty about saying no or making different choices to your partner or family. My teenage boys would get chicken & chips, I would get spicy Thai salad or something.

You can do it guys & gals
  • CuriousKat6
    CuriousKat6 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Weekends aren't terrible for me, surprisingly. I sometimes forget to eat until the second half of the day so I occasionally find myself thinking "I need to find something else to eat, I don't have enough calories!". My big problem is during the week. I get bored at work so my first reaction is to find something to munch on. Anyone else have that problem?
  • jan115
    jan115 Posts: 21 Member
    Options
    Yes I agree....especially Sundays during football season when I find myself surrounded by beer, nachos and chicken wings....
    . Especially when your favorite team loses and the depression sets in- LOL!