Motivation, motivation, motivation

Options
I DONT HAVE ANY :cry: :sad: :embarassed:

How do you find your motivation and what keeps you going?

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Sometimes its difficult to find motivation. What keeps me going is knowing there is a light at the end of the tunnel.
  • chevy88grl
    chevy88grl Posts: 3,937 Member
    Options
    In the last few months, my motivation has definitely been lacking. I have been dealing with some health issues and it's tough to feel motivated when you're hurting or just feel like crap.

I talked to my friends on here about it. It's amazing to me how supportive they can be. I also sat down and really thought about things - I was honest with myself. I realized that there were some things I could personally change and that when I did? I would likely see my motivation go back up.

I look at my before/after pics and I realize that I have come a LONG way and giving up or giving in -- isn't a possibility.
  • H_Factor
    H_Factor Posts: 1,722 Member
    Options
    do the activity in this blog:

http://www.myfitnesspal.com/blog/H_Factor/view/recipe-for-a-will-power-pill-for-help-with-the-mental-part-of-the-journey-155978

you can check out my profile to see what I've done to help me stay focused.
  • Moms3Kwa
    Options
    Some days I really have a hard time finding motivation to work out. I have to tell myself to remember how I feel after I am done. I have to decide to NOT procrastinate and JUST DO IT!!! And also the results you see from the healthy choices you make. You could also find a Buddy!!!
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    My motivation was being really sick of carrying around so much extra weight. I was miserable, uncomfortable, tired, stressed, and just plain frumpy. I felt older than I was and I hit rock bottom. I wanted to be healthy again and enjoy doing active things with the rest of my family. The support on MFP has been a tremendous boost on the days I haven't wanted to get up and get moving. Never, ever quit....you'll be glad you made the commitment not to. There's nothing quite like feeling better, looking better, buying smaller clothes, and receiving compliments on your weight loss. Once you start losing, you'll be a catalyst for others in their weight loss journey. When they see that you are not on some crazy, difficult "diet" and that you still enjoy what you want to eat/drink in moderation, your success will begin to spread like wildfire and others will want to join in too. Be an inspiration to yourself and to others. It's worth it! YOU CAN DO IT! "Success is the sum of small efforts repeated day in and day out." ~~ Robert Collier

You can read my blog here: http://www.transformingabetterme.blogspot.com/
  • bry_all01
    bry_all01 Posts: 3,100 Member
    Options
    my motivation is to compete in more bikini competitions, but WIN and to become a fitness model. Becoming a fitness model means I basically have to train as hard, if not, harder than I did to compete in my first show. Giving up is simply not an option.