2 Year Battle

I've had a roller coaster ride with diet since New Years 2010. More like a Great American Eagle drop in the beginning with a couple dips and a gradual increase back to over my original starting point of 2010.

I've kept a blog over the last 2 years on my struggles and things I've tried to follow: Computer Scientist: Flabby to Iron http://csflabtoiron.blogspot.com/

Being a Computer Scientist and in front of the computer 24/7 it is hard to stay in control. I also have struggled with Gout and hope that as I loose weight overtime that it will go into remission. I'm starting a take-it-easy swimming regiment to get back in shape.

I have had an account with myfitnesspal for sometime but never really used the site for tracking things. I plan on using on a daily bases to help loose 40 pounds and keep my calorie count at a non-starving pace.

Replies

• Seminolegirl97
    Seminolegirl97 Posts: 306 Member
    Welcome! I wish you nothing but success! This is a great tracking site.
  • I too have struggled with my weight. I have an office job where I sit at a computer for 8 hours a day. I am a huge snacker so logging in all my food on myfitnesspal has really helped me think twice about my choices. I love it and the people on hear are super supportive. Good Luck and feel free to add me as a friend for extra support. I find it to be really helpful.

Christine
  • Hello & Welcome,

This is a really awesome site! I feel more conscious of exactly what I am putting into my body! Its not dieting, its changing the way I think of food. I eat what I want but I am mindful of my daily goal. I feel empowered! Anyway, I can definitely relate to the long struggle with weight managing but it has become a real issue after the birth of my twin daughter (17 whole months ago). However, i'm excited to try this site AGAIN and would love to be your fit pal. Feel free to add me :)
  • I know exactly how you feel. I started dieting in Feb 2010 and dropped 50 lbs within a few months, but I've managed to find all 50 of those pounds, along with 10 more. I've found that if I faithfully use this site to record everything, it is very beneficial. Best of luck in journey to a healthier you!