Relocating to Colorado!! Help

Options
amybell68
amybell68 Posts: 275 Member
Hi everyone, we are thinking of relocating to Colorado, we are looking at the Loveland area, any advice, thoughts, ideas!!??

Replies

• Football_N_Guns
    Football_N_Guns Posts: 297 Member
    Options
    Learn to ski.
  • Chrisandsteph99
    Options
    Just moved from Colorado Springs last year. The altitude is killer. Spent 4 years there and never got used to it. It's pretty but personally I don't miss it.
  • mythryl
    mythryl Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    Where are you relocating from? I used to live in Boulder and I left 21 years ago and I miss it every day.
  • Kougra
    Kougra Posts: 358 Member
    Options
    Loveland is a great town. I live in Fort Collins. I moved from Dallas 12 years ago and haven't left. The schools are good in the Loveland area if you have kids. The cost of living is a little more reasonable in Loveland than Fort Collins. It doesn't have the CSU students causing a ruckus...LOL. Anyways, this a beautiful area and I think you will really like it here. Best wishes!

There are a lot of outdoor activities you can get involved in. Skiing, snowboarding, hiking etc. There is a really nice lake and parks in Loveland.
  • JessAOFit
    JessAOFit Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Loveland is BEAUTIFUL! Remember that Colorado is over a mile above sea level, so expect to be out of breath easier and maybe some nose bleeds. You should be used to it in a few weeks! I've lived in Colorado Springs for 8 1/2 years now, and I'm absolutely in love with this state. :)
  • jlewis2896
    jlewis2896 Posts: 763 Member
    Options
    Beautiful area, I visited this past summer and fell in love! So... ummm.... take me with you!

Arid and dry. Mountains are stunning but I think if I moved there I would miss the colors of fall and the green-ness of midwestern summers.

Weather was fantastic, though -- even with high temps, the dry climate makes it tolerable. Plenty of sunshine, and lots of outdoors-friendly areas. Biking and hiking trails EVERYWHERE!!
  • amsparky
    amsparky Posts: 825 Member
    Options
    I just moved to Colorado from AZ last year - feel free to PM me any questions. I LOVE it here!!
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    Loveland is an awesome smaller town. (I lived in the area for 15 years and am praying to go back after I graduate from seminary in May) It has a small town feel, but is pretty close to Denver and all of the city things it offers. It is in the plains and has a great view of the frontrange, and is pretty close to the mountains. The weather is 1000X better than SoCal and a 100,000,000X better than just about anywhere else. It can snow 2 feet one day and be 70 the next day with no snow on the roads, very low humidity and 300+ days of sunshine.
  • jchester71
    jchester71 Posts: 124 Member
    Options
    BTW the stream and the herd of elk behind my profile pic are about 45 minutes from Loveland.
  • Tangerine302
    Tangerine302 Posts: 1,509 Member
    Options
    We've visited Colorado a few times. My favorite mountains to drive through is the ride from Estes Park to Loveland. We couldn't find something for our camcorder in Estes and Onstar took us to Walgreens in Loveland. :)
  • amybell68
    Options
    THANK YOU all so much for your comments, I am excited and scared at the same time, but after your comments I am more excited now!! I have lived in Indiana all my life and so had my husband and daughter so this is a BIG move for us! We really just want a change of scenery, the city we live in is depressing. My husband and I are both self employed and my daughter is home schooled so we don't have to worry about schools or jobs so that's a relief.

Can you tell me how the price of living is?? But again, Thank you!!
  • tessa681
    tessa681 Posts: 49 Member
    Options
    I've lived in Colorado Springs since 94 and wouldnt trade it for anything in the world, you get used to the altitude in no time just be sure to drink lots of water (which is good for you anyway)!
    Enjoy all the pleasures it has to offer and you'll never want to leave, there is something going on somewhere all the time!
    We get nice weather most of the time and 360 days of sun, how can you beat that! The winters here in the Springs are not horrible and it passes before you know it, the best thing about winters is out of the blue you'll get nice days where all you need is a hoodie at best just to let you know winter will pass soon! Its AWESOME!!!!

:heart: :heart: :heart: :heart: COLORADO :smile: :smile: :smile:
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    http://www.myfitnesspal.com/groups/home/53-mile-high-mfp

That's the link to the MFP group for Coloradans!

Loveland area is gorgeous, as is most of the rest of the state! Good luck with you move! I recommend joining the Mile High MFP group, and let us know if you need anything!
  • coloradocuppiecake
    Options
    I live in Colorado Springs also. The thing about Colorado is you need a bit of all seasons in your wardrobe.
    They are right, it can snow with thunder and lightning and it can rain while the sky is blue. 70 degrees is heard of in winter and the next day it will be 25 degrees and sometimes in the next hour. So, if you dont mind the weird weather and the altitude you will love it.
  • amybell68
    Options
    Thanks to all of you I love the advice and I am getting so excited to move!!!
  • Sh1tsRainbows
    Sh1tsRainbows Posts: 1,227 Member
    Options
    Learn to ski.

Ive lived here all my life..I know how to ski but hate snow...you dont have to ski to live here!!!