Really weird..can you explain?

Options
so i started monday and by wednesday i had lost 4 lbs and today the scale says i gained 2 of it back.. hmmm???? the only thing that has changed in the last 2 days is ive burned a couple hundred more but ive also eaten a lil more but have NOT gone over my calories at all. I feel like im eatin so much all day just to hit the mark that im suppose to and im "feeling" fat! ugh...my cardio earns me soooo many more calories that there is just no way..so can anyone tell me why i lost 4 then gained back 2 pleeeeeese

Replies

• EcHoOoOoO
    EcHoOoOoO Posts: 89
    Options
    so i started monday and by wednesday i had lost 4 lbs and today the scale says i gained 2 of it back.. hmmm???? the only thing that has changed in the last 2 days is ive burned a couple hundred more but ive also eaten a lil more but have NOT gone over my calories at all. I feel like im eatin so much all day just to hit the mark that im suppose to and im "feeling" fat! ugh...my cardio earns me soooo many more calories that there is just no way..so can anyone tell me why i lost 4 then gained back 2 pleeeeeese
  • purrrr
    purrrr Posts: 1,073
    Options
    first of all, don't weigh yourself every day if you aren't prepared to face these flunctuations... the 2 pounds gain is not really a gain but it simply means you didn't potty enough during these 2 days so you are retaining either water or food

don't stress out, you are at it only 5 days and you need a longer period to get the proper picture of what's going on, good luck :flowerforyou:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    first of all, don't weigh yourself every day if you aren't prepared to face these flunctuations... the 2 pounds gain is not really a gain but it simply means you didn't potty enough during these 2 days so you are retaining either water or food

don't stress out, you are at it only 5 days and you need a longer period to get the proper picture of what's going on, good luck :flowerforyou:

so when do PERMANAT pounds come off? How often should i weigh?
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    Purrr answered perfectly. I only have one thing to add...WHAT THE H*** IS WRONG WITH THAT CAT'S FACE IN PURRR'S PICTURE!!?!?!??!!?
  • barbiecat
    barbiecat Posts: 16,984 Member
    Options
    I weigh myself once a week on the same day at the same time in my birthday suit.

If you consume enough fiber, drink a lot of water, and control sodium, and weigh yourself after your morning potty stop, you'll get an accurate weight.

when I'm in a crazy mood and weighing all the time, my weight will flutuate 3 pounds between bedtime and morning.

take it one day at a time and give your body a chance to figure out what's going on

good luck
  • kristie874
    kristie874 Posts: 774 Member
    Options
    You'll have a more accurate idea of loss if you weigh once a week at the same time such as every Tuesday morning or something. Keep in mind that a woman's cycle makes her retain different amounts of water all month long so you should be sure to note how your clothes are fitting and do measurements, too. I try to only weigh in on the first of every month to avoid my ongoing battle with my scale. Sometimes I get on the scale at random times when I feel I've either been really good or really bad just to put myself in check but I don't log the changes until the "official" weigh in on the first. You'll find a schedule that works right for you. Just keep up the good work. Soon you'll notice that you've dropped 10 lbs...then 20... It just takes time and lots of frustration (unfortunately).
  • hiddensecant
    hiddensecant Posts: 2,446 Member
    Options
    Weigh yourself once a week in the morning, after using the bathroom and before eating ... preferably naked or with similar clothing.
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    ok..well once a week it is then...i dont even own a scale but i go to the gym monday thru friday and i weigh every day there...well hopefully fridays will be my lucky days:bigsmile: :bigsmile:
  • purrrr
    Options
    Purrr answered perfectly. I only have one thing to add...WHAT THE H*** IS WRONG WITH THAT CAT'S FACE IN PURRR'S PICTURE!!?!?!??!!?

don't you know about sexy makiage woman!!! :laugh:
    so when do PERMANAT pounds come off? How often should i weigh?

i don't think this can really be answered but as long as you stick to it, they will definitely come off sooner or later! :flowerforyou: what is really important is that you don't stress yourself over a daily flunctuation or some period of plateau and things like that cos they are very normal and part of everyone's weight loss
  • purrrr
    Options
    ok..well once a week it is then...i dont even own a scale but i go to the gym monday thru friday and i weigh every day there...well hopefully fridays will be my lucky days:bigsmile: :bigsmile:

ooh that can explain it, too... you probably don't wear the same clothes to the gym and different clothes weigh different which can cause some flunctuation... plus it obviously means you don't weigh in the morning after restroom stop, which is the most accurate way to follow your weight changes

it's probably better that you don't own a scale, so you can stay away from it... but if you weigh yourself at the gym, try to stick to the same day and if possible the same time of the day and no extra clothing, otherwise you will always have a bit of a flunctuation

all in all, you have very few pounds to lose, so as long as you feel and see your body improve, the weight difference is quite a minor problem :flowerforyou:
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    pick ONE day a week to weigh in and all the days inbetween don't count because your weight will flucuate daily based on what you have eaten or done in the day or two prior.

You are new to this and it is quite normal to drop a big number and then either gain a little back, stand still for a few weeks or SLOWLY lose after the initial boost. Just go with it and keep working hard and keeping track of your results you should be able to get there in no time. :flowerforyou:

Also, based on your profile if you were to be very aggressive with your weight loss, say 2 lbs a week it SHOULD take you just about 12 weeks or 3 months to get your weight off, that is a blink of an eye in the "dieting" world. You should NOT expect to lose like the biggest loser or other diet shows, those are EXTREME diets and most of those people will gain their weight back. Stay strong!
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options

and ummmm about the uhhhhhh potty thing...did you mean #1 or #2:blushing: cuz #2 is NOT a daily thing for me:blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing: :blushing:
  • Nich0le
    Options
    #2 should be daily for you, if not you are retaining a lot of waste in your intestines and that would lead to a gain. :ohwell:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    #2 should be daily for you, if not you are retaining a lot of waste in your intestines and that would lead to a gain. :ohwell:

i have never in my life gone daily or even every 2 days its more like once or twice a week:sad: im not crampy or uncofortable either, i guess just how my body is, i even drink coffee every moring and from what ive heard that should make you pretty regular. Any suggestions on some foods that will help with that
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

I've asked purr before to please use a mirror when applying makeup. To no avail.

And, EcHoOoOoO remember, your clothing and how it is fitting or the measuring tape might be better indicators of how you are doing. As has been said, we all fluctuate, especially around our period.
  • stillkristi
    stillkristi Posts: 1,135 Member
    Options

i have never in my life gone daily or even every 2 days its more like once or twice a week:sad: im not crampy or uncofortable either, i guess just how my body is, i even drink coffee every moring and from what ive heard that should make you pretty regular. Any suggestions on some foods that will help with that

fiber - about 25 grams a day. beets - wonderfully bracing how beets will help clean you out. Are you drinking a lot of water? At least - ahem, AT LEAST 8 glasses a day, or 64 oz.
  • QueenVictoria68
    QueenVictoria68 Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    i used to not go everyday either but i have put more fiber in my diet and drink lots of water everyday so now i go everyday sometimes twice a day:laugh:
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options

fiber - about 25 grams a day. beets - wonderfully bracing how beets will help clean you out. Are you drinking a lot of water? At least - ahem, AT LEAST 8 glasses a day, or 64 oz

ya im a big time water drinker about a gallon a day..my cardio workouts are really strenuous so i have to. but i love beets..are they low calorie?
  • Nich0le
    Options
    definitely need more fiber, it will keep you full longer and help your system do it's thing!

Experts can't agree on how often you should go but most say AT LEAST once per day, others think you should have to BM within a few hours of EACH major meal (I don't have that kind of time on my hands...or enough magazines :noway: ) TMI, sorry.
  • EcHoOoOoO
    Options
    definitely need more fiber, it will keep you full longer and help your system do it's thing!

Experts can't agree on how often you should go but most say AT LEAST once per day, others think you should have to BM within a few hours of EACH major meal (I don't have that kind of time on my hands...or enough magazines :noway: ) TMI, sorry.

hahahahahaha:laugh: that is hilarious...well ill try the fiber i guess...maybe i will lose a ton of weight now if you know what i mean:bigsmile: