Miracle Noodle

Options
Anyone tried it? I love pasta. Miracle Noodle claims to be calories free.

Replies

• bizco
    bizco Posts: 1,949 Member
    Options
    Are they made out of water only? :huh: I didn't think anything was calorie-free except water.
  • FaugHorn
    FaugHorn Posts: 1,060 Member
    Options
    They're good (not quite calorie free but close enough) Need to soak them. If you search the topics there are lots of entries and recipes for them
  • lilybug13
    Options
    They are kind of a weird consistency and smell kind of strange, but with thick sauce with a strong flavor they are fine.
  • arykh24
    Options
    I was wondering the same thing today! I am excited to hear the responses!
  • eillamarie
    eillamarie Posts: 862 Member
    Options
    I've heard this as well. Sounds like a tone of chemicals and crap to me. But who knows. I'm intrigued.
  • lilybug13
    Options
    The noodles I bought were calorie free.
  • Yakisoba
    Yakisoba Posts: 719 Member
    Options
    I've heard this as well. Sounds like a tone of chemicals and crap to me. But who knows. I'm intrigued.

Nope. They legit have three ingredients.

I think they're gross. The texture and the smell are disgusting, but they're worth zero calories.

I have 8 packs? Anyone want them?
  • LisaKyle11
    LisaKyle11 Posts: 662 Member
    Options
    seen them, but never tried them... don't look or seem appealing in my opinion.
  • roebuck1908
    Options
    mix them with some lard and salt you will not taste the difference.
  • BeautifulScarsWECHANGED
    Options
    I just bought some last night, soaked them and made a stir-fry. They're available in the tofu section of the store. I have a MASSIVE lunch with noodles and veggies for 116 calories. They remind me of a firm rice noodle....a great alternative that's not filled with a bunch of junk. :wink:
  • p0pr0cksnc0ke
    p0pr0cksnc0ke Posts: 1,283 Member
    Options

Nope. They legit have three ingredients.

I think they're gross. The texture and the smell are disgusting, but they're worth zero calories.

I have 8 packs? Anyone want them?

Sad, haven't you been trying to give those away for a while or was that someone else? (that should be a sign!)
  • NoAdditives
    NoAdditives Posts: 4,251 Member
    Options
    How are they zero calories?
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    How are they zero calories?

Soluble fiber. No calories. ;o http://www.miraclenoodles.com

And to poprocksncoke, this is only my second post about them. I'm sure other people might enough them, but...
  • TeresaWash
    Options
    what are the ingredients?
  • sugarbunnie
    Options
    Are they like the shirataki noodles?
    If so, yes they smell... "natural" LOL, but if you boil them a few minutes the smell goes away.

I have been a fan of these forever.
    I almost never eat real pasta (and if I do, every few months, I use a rice-based gluten-free brand), and I use these in everything from miso soup, pho noodle bowls, to mock-spaghetti.

I think they're great, and though there are times I crave the "real thing" (thai rice noodles) in my pho noodle soup (I make it at home from fresh ingredients and a vegetarian organic pho base), I only treat myself to those maybe once a month because I can't bear the thought of wasting 210 calories and all those carbs on stupid noodles.

You learn to love them.
    :)
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    They are made of a naturally water soluble fiber, Glucomannan, with no fat, sugar, or starch so no calories. I haven't tried anything but the actual Miracle Noodle brand and I bought them on Amazon, so my experience may differ from someone who bought a different brand.

They are basically tasteless on their own, but you need to rinse (not soak) them very, very well to wash away all of the liquid they package them in. There is no way I'd be able to convince my husband to eat them like regular pasta because they don't look or taste like pasta. They look more like a glass noodle so they work well for stir fry and that's the only way I've used them so far. I have found that I can't eat a lot of them at once because the texture is a little weird so I wouldn't just put spaghetti sauce on them and eat them, anyway. Stir fry is a great way to use them since I'm not eating rice or regular pasta, I'm cutting lots of carbs and calories out of a healthy meal.
  • Yakisoba
    Options
    what are the ingredients?

From the website: The three ingredients of our shirataki noodles are Glucomannan, which is soluble fiber extracted from the root of a Japanese plant called a Konnyaku Imo, water and a calcium additive. This calcium additive is added to the noodles to keep their shape intact. This is a food grade calcium additive known as pickling lime or calcium hydroxide.
    The noodles contain no soy, tofu, gluten/casein, legume or gluten.

http://www.miraclenoodle.com/faq.html
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    I really like them. They remind me of rice noodles. I have been eating them for about 6 months now. I don't think I will ever go back to regular pasta.
  • sm423
    sm423 Posts: 210 Member
    Options
    Interesting. I have never heard of it, but I do substitute my pasta with spaghetti squash. It's not zero calories but it is low in calories. About 42 calories in a cup. And it taste pretty good too. Ppl also substitute potatoes and rice with spaghetti squash.
  • MissO﹠A
    MissO﹠A Posts: 906 Member
    Options
    I wash them thoroughly and "dry fry" them in a pan to take away some of the excess moisture. In stir-fry, they're quite tasty since they absorb the liquid of whatever it is you're cooking them with.