U.S. Navy Future Sailor - I DID IT!

Options
csparon
csparon Posts: 200 Member
I lost enough weight to become a Future Sailor for the United States Navy! I started MFP in the middle of my weight-loss to keep track of what I eat every day. I lost a total of 14 lbs since July when I realized I wanted to become a U.S. Sailor.
Given I was still over the “max weight” for my height for the Navy, however, I lost enough body fat that my BMI allowed me entrance.

I am so excited and I want to continue eating healthier. For everyone out there struggling, listen to me – find something you’re passionate about, something that you want to do and only can do if you lose xx amount of weight. You can do it; you the ability to get whatever you want and there isn’t anything in the world standing between you and your goals except your mindset. If I can lose weight, so can you. It doesn’t matter if you’re here to lose 1lb, 10 lbs or 100lbs, all you have to do is BELIEVE you can do it!

My new goal is to lose 20+ pounds before I go to Basic Training on July 10, 2012. I want to be at my high school weight and below the max weight for my height so I do not have to stand in my underwear again in front of people and get taped – not fun :D

Add me as a friend if you wish, I am willing to help anyone by giving the moral support that MFP has showed me!

Replies

• bassett8807
    bassett8807 Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    Congrats!
  • Jfearn64
    Jfearn64 Posts: 353 Member
    Options
    Very proud of you, great job!
  • walkinmydoxies
    Options
    Good for you! Congrats on both achieving the goal and being accepted to the US Navy. Good luck with that last 20 lbs. You've got your mind set, you'll do it...no worries.
  • ktfitzgerald
    ktfitzgerald Posts: 369 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! So happy to see you on your way to reaching your dreams! You sound so confident and happy. You're going to do great in training!
  • scubagirl319
    scubagirl319 Posts: 115 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!!! Back when I was in high school I wanted to go in the Air Force. I needed to lose 50 pounds. Needless to say, I did not lose it. It has taken me till I was in my 50's to get serious about losing weight. Keep it up and I hope you have a very fulfilling and successful career in the Navy!!!
  • SueInAz
    SueInAz Posts: 6,592 Member
    Options
    Such an awesome accomplishment! You can lose the rest of the weight you want to lose because you want it badly enough. You might want to work on your body strength, too, while you can. It'll help you get through basic training with flying colors. :wink:
  • csparon
    Options
    Oh I need to gain strength, I am at 3/4 of a push-up LOL I need to get those down because I do not want to be singled-out in boot. And thank you everyone for the congratulations, I am so excited I just want to scream it off the top of a mountain. :)
  • rharris86dc
    rharris86dc Posts: 635 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your accomplishment! And don't worry, from what I have heard, Basic will take care of any other losses you feel that you need, lol.

Good luck!
  • crazylikefox
    Options
    Welcome to the US Military!! It will change your life and I say that from experience. I've known a lot of awesome Navy women and I hope you get a job you love. Work harder and play harder than the boys ;) You've already shown you have the tenacity to get the job done!
  • csparon
    Options
    Welcome to the US Military!! It will change your life and I say that from experience. I've known a lot of awesome Navy women and I hope you get a job you love. Work harder and play harder than the boys ;) You've already shown you have the tenacity to get the job done!

Thank you! And I was so lucky to get the job I want, CTR! I do not know how I got so lucky to receive that job the same day that I went to MEPS, but someone was looking out for me. :)
  • CMorning99
    CMorning99 Posts: 917 Member
    Options
    Oh I need to gain strength, I am at 3/4 of a push-up LOL I need to get those down because I do not want to be singled-out in boot. And thank you everyone for the congratulations, I am so excited I just want to scream it off the top of a mountain. :)

Try the 100 Push-up app or you can print out the schedule...I start it about 6wks before my PT test and every year I amaze myself ( the adrenaline helps too)! Good luck.
  • Mallory0418
    Mallory0418 Posts: 723 Member
    Options
    Congrats! What a great goal to achieve. :flowerforyou:
  • davidlbass
    davidlbass Posts: 159 Member
    Options
    Way to go! Enjoy your time in the Navy. My duty, many years ago, are some of my best memories.
  • twinsanity
    twinsanity Posts: 1,847 Member
    Options
    Congratulations on your goal, but more importantly, THANK YOU FOR YOUR SERVICE!
  • csparon
    Options
    Thank you everyone! :)
  • HoopFire5602
    HoopFire5602 Posts: 423 Member
    Options
    Congrats!! I have been in the Navy for 9 years and love it. :)
  • mamapaints
    mamapaints Posts: 206 Member
    Options
    Congrats on your new life path and keep on keepin' on! :)
  • myboysmomx2
    myboysmomx2 Posts: 505 Member
    Options
    Congratulations! Your hard work paid off. As for the rest of your goals before basic training...you can do that too! I'm so thankful for our military personnel. Keep up the good work! --US Marine wife :)
Do you Love MyFitnessPal? Have you crushed a goal or improved your life through better nutrition using MyFitnessPal?
Share your success and inspire others. Leave us a review on Apple Or Google Play stores!