Thought I would look great

Options
I TOOK FAMILY PORTRAITS THIS WEEKEND AND I AM FEELING A LIL DOWN. I LOOK SO HUGE. Yes i can wear some of my size 8 jeans but my face is soooo fat on those pics. just feeling a lil depressed. i have worked so hard since june and i am still not where i want to be. i am 5'4" at 150 lbs. I have about 20 more lbs to lose to be at my pre-pregnancy weight. i had hope to be there by now and I am not. Maybe by my birthday I will be. i don't even feel like working out. Haven't worked out since Thursday.

Replies

• amberlycolina
    amberlycolina Posts: 11 Member
    Options
    This happened to me a few weeks ago, when my friends and I had took some pictures. I am 5'5", and was at almost 145lbs. I have been on here everyday, and working out for a week and now I am 138lbs (I still have 20lbs more to go). Sometimes it takes something like that to motivate you. DO NOT let it bring you down! Good Luck!
  • kathleennf
    kathleennf Posts: 606 Member
    Options
    Hey- don't let it get you down! Get out there and exercise and stick to it. And if you have old pics of when you weighed more- look at those to note the difference. Plus, remember the old saying "the camera adds 10 lb" - I am at my goal weight now, have been for a bit- and in some pics I look awesome, but in others, not so much so LOL.
  • DeeJayTJ
    DeeJayTJ Posts: 355 Member
    Options
    okay, dont beat urself up but remember, this is NOT something that happens overnight.. working out since june is only a few months ago.

ive been working out since april of last year and STILL am not where i want to be.

dont give up, keep moving. and dont be so set on how you look either. think about how you feel now vs how u felt then.

i wish i was living this lifestyle change now all along rather than get 60lbs overweight. i feel healthy and i have energy now!
  • Kelly_Wilson1990
    Kelly_Wilson1990 Posts: 3,245 Member
    Options
    You are defeating yourself. How are you going to reach your goal if you give up? Get back on that horse and exercise. You CAN do it!! Come on now.....You go Girl!!!!

I have been stuck at the same weight for almost a month so I added some extra Zumba classes this last week. I am going to keep doing them.
  • hermanaamber
    hermanaamber Posts: 103 Member
    Options
    I understand the feeling, some of us just have fatter faces than others. I am def in that group! Just remember you are reshaping and that you look so much better than you did before and you are doing the healthy thing for your body! Blessings!:heart:
  • Kabula
    Kabula Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    I'm on the same boat as far as weight and heigh! except 2" shorter! Don't beat yourself up; if you keep up the workouts and watch what you eat! We'll get there sooner or later! I know when I really try to do my workouts religiously and eat well it shows! So just think positive and what you're doing in the present is going to affect your future! GOOD luck to us! :-)
  • misssl2001
    misssl2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Thank you all so much. It feels good to know there is support out there. my husband is good but he doesn't have the pressure on him to look a certain way. I am about to start up my workout video!!!!!!!!
  • rubystar07
    rubystar07 Posts: 52 Member
    Options
    Every body takes off weight differently. I'm in the opposite boat, my face gets too thin (people tell me I look sickly/gaunt) but my thighs haven't shrunk a single inch.

I think you just have to love your whole self and don't sweat this small stuff. You can't control where your body loses weight. Try to take more leg pictures! :)
  • misssl2001
    misssl2001 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    Yes we can do it. Good luck to you too girl.
  • NickyCat101
    Options
    Photos are 2 dimensional and don't always show how you really look. :smile: I bet you look great!