Bathroom scale that doesn't suck?

Options
We have a bathroom scale and well frankly, it sucks. It's digital and it hardly ever gives us the same reading twice in a row or even three or more times in a row. I'm completely convinced it's totally wrong all the time so I really am not sure how much I weigh nor how much I've lost, just what this darn scale has been telling me, which I'm pretty sure are all lies.

Anyone have a scale that they trust at home? How much did it cost and where did you buy it from?

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    Options
    before you toss it...... make a few marks on it with a sharpie, so your feet are exactly in the same spot every time you step onto it. I can manipulate the reading on mine by up to 3 lbs just by standing in different spots..........
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    Options
    bump. I have the same problem.
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 97 Member
    Options
    my scale is the same way!! it is soo frustrating! i am also interested what ppl have to say about this!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    Options
    I have the Weight Watchers scale and I love it :)
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    Options
    i also have a weight watchers scale, and its awesome. never had any problems with it. ive moved with it , 4 times and its still accurate.
  • yummummum
    Options
    ME TOOOOOOOO!!! Got on the other morning and thought I was down 3 pounds!!!! Then stepped on again and scale went up 2... stepped on again and was up 2.5!!!

I try to keep it in the same place etc. FRUSTRATING!

Although, measured my waist and lost another inch so F&^@) the scale! But still annoying LOL
  • simplingrillin
    Options
    I have the biggest loser scale. Its accurate. It was only like 25 bucks.
  • yummummum
    Options
    which weight watchers scale?
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    Options
    I have a weight watchers scale I have had it for years. all i have had to do is change the batter and it is still accurate.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    I can vouch for the EatSmart one.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Options
    Check / change the battery, too. When my digital scale starts doing funky things like that, changing the battery usually helps.
  • Luv2BMommy
    Options
    I had the same problem. I bought a digital scale from Wal-Mart. Can't remember off the top of my head what brand it is, but I can look later and let you know. I just made sure I bought one of the more expensive ones. By more expensive, I mean "not $15". :) I think it was, like, $30. I love it. It's very consistent. However, one thing I did differently with this one is I don't keep it in the bathroom. I keep it in my living room, which is an odd place, I know, but scales need to be kept away from moisture. Moisture ruins them. I'm pretty sure that's why my other scale was so inconsistent...I kept it in the bathroom.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    Options
    I have a Weight Watchers scale and love it too!!
    Also it is accurate with the scale in my doctors office. :bigsmile:
  • ValorieSalcido
    ValorieSalcido Posts: 10 Member
    Options
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I think I'll try to change out the battery. It's a WW scale that we've had for a few years and I do try to put it on the same bathroom tile and stand in the same spot it's just been really off lately. Hope fully the battery change works, if not, I think I'm going to switch from digital to analog. :)