5'4 with 30-35 lbs to lose....

Options
I'm really trying to find time to workout out but with a full time job and a part time job, I'm really struggling. I eat well during the week but not on the weeknds. I have started Zumba on Thursday nights. Just not a morning person to get up and go work out. I'm lackin motiviation. You would think it would be enough that I'm getting married, but I'm still struggling.

Replies

• ajfrench
    ajfrench Posts: 323 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a start!! I have trouble eating well on the weekends too - it's too easy to let go when you have free time. What about trying just one day of being good (Saturday or Sunday) and the other day not as good? That way you still feel like you're rewarding yourself.
  • SalubriousGyrl
    SalubriousGyrl Posts: 88 Member
    Options
    You have to motivate yourself to just do it. On weekends is great to prepare your meals for the week, and also start by simply walking. I understand since i also have two jobs. to motivate me some times i just watch weight loss journeys on youtube and i get up and do it. stick to your schedule and it will work for you. i just go early in the mornings to motivate me for the rest of the day.
  • Princesss13
    Princesss13 Posts: 1 Member
    Options
    Zumba is a start!! I have trouble eating well on the weekends too - it's too easy to let go when you have free time. What about trying just one day of being good (Saturday or Sunday) and the other day not as good? That way you still feel like you're rewarding yourself.

Do that and EVERY little time you have free turn on the Zumba and also stick to your Thursdays, just 10 minutes every day (Mond-Fri) is 50 minutes a week!!! Not counting your Thursdays time!!! (:

I want to get Zumba as well, I've heard it's a great workout video!!!
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    I'm really trying to find time to workout out but with a full time job and a part time job, I'm really struggling. I eat well during the week but not on the weeknds. I have started Zumba on Thursday nights. Just not a morning person to get up and go work out. I'm lackin motiviation. You would think it would be enough that I'm getting married, but I'm still struggling.

and your getting married. girl get up and go. did you buy your dress. How would you feel if you could not fit into your dress for your wedding or having to buy a huge size dress that will not truly show your figure.

Take a picture of yourself in the mirror with minimal clothes. if you are happy with what you see, continue to sleep and do nothing, if not, stay miserable or do something about it. :noway:

Sorry to be so blunt, but i want to motivate you!
  • kevin3344
    kevin3344 Posts: 702 Member
    Options
    You'll have to be religious about logging your calories, there's just no other way. Exercise is good, but it's the calorie deficit that will make the biggest difference.

The weekends are tough for all of us, I know. So are the holidays. But that's no excuse. There will always be someone's birthday, or graduation, or retirement party...you just have to be determined to eat right when those times come up.

Also, you can open your diary (this will help with your accountability). Just go to Settings > Diary Settings > Diary Sharing.
  • katherinehurleynelson
    Options
    I can relate to you! i am getting married next March and I am a full time student and I a manager at a retail clothing store. its really hard to have a set schedule and make up a routine. Often i am eating late at night.

Packing my lunch or even a snack to take with me to work help a great deal.

And please stick to Zumba! i used to do it three days a week and i miss it terribly!

also, it is never too late to work out! i love to do it at night because it helps me sleep better!

just remember, what you do most of the time is what counts! not all of the time! stay consistent and dont beat yourself up if you miss a workout!
  • dropalotofweight
    Options
    Thanks everyone! I am really trying! I have done a really good job logging (weekdays) and I'll definitely consider making it public. I'm only taking Zumba classes, I haven't found the at home video!

Llauryn: I can handle the bluntness! I haven't tried on dresses yet because I know I'm not where I wanna be! I think about it a lot though. I've never weighed this much nor have I ever felt uncomfortable like this in clothes!

Thanks everyone!
  • SalubriousGyrl
    Options
    I can tell by your comments. Being depressed, sad, and doing nothing doesn't help. It makes the situation worst and then we wonder later why didn't we do something sooner.

Exposing yourself may also be helpful. Motivate yourself to go and just try some on. It may get emotional, however it will encourage you, motivate you, and overall help you achieve your goal. I just bought some 'fly' jeans in a size down. I am so motivated to get into those jeans. I can't wait, but trying them on really hurt, since I CANT FIT THEM! LOL. Just thought i could yell out loud real quick. Anywho, you have the power, and if reading these comments are helpful, it means nothing if you don't apply yourself!