Have you tried GLP1 medications and found it didn't work for you? We'd like to hear about your experiences, what you tried, why it didn't work and how you're doing now. Click here to tell us your story

Bathroom scale that doesn't suck?

We have a bathroom scale and well frankly, it sucks. It's digital and it hardly ever gives us the same reading twice in a row or even three or more times in a row. I'm completely convinced it's totally wrong all the time so I really am not sure how much I weigh nor how much I've lost, just what this darn scale has been telling me, which I'm pretty sure are all lies.

Anyone have a scale that they trust at home? How much did it cost and where did you buy it from?

Replies

• MinnesotaManimal
    MinnesotaManimal Posts: 642 Member
    before you toss it...... make a few marks on it with a sharpie, so your feet are exactly in the same spot every time you step onto it. I can manipulate the reading on mine by up to 3 lbs just by standing in different spots..........
  • britishstar41
    britishstar41 Posts: 140 Member
    bump. I have the same problem.
  • cmoutarimoussa
    cmoutarimoussa Posts: 93 Member
    my scale is the same way!! it is soo frustrating! i am also interested what ppl have to say about this!
  • LadyGhostDuchess
    LadyGhostDuchess Posts: 894 Member
    I have the Weight Watchers scale and I love it :)
  • msallymae
    msallymae Posts: 112 Member
    i also have a weight watchers scale, and its awesome. never had any problems with it. ive moved with it , 4 times and its still accurate.
  • ME TOOOOOOOO!!! Got on the other morning and thought I was down 3 pounds!!!! Then stepped on again and scale went up 2... stepped on again and was up 2.5!!!

I try to keep it in the same place etc. FRUSTRATING!

Although, measured my waist and lost another inch so F&^@) the scale! But still annoying LOL
  • I have the biggest loser scale. Its accurate. It was only like 25 bucks.
  • which weight watchers scale?
  • mashanda
    mashanda Posts: 120 Member
    I have a weight watchers scale I have had it for years. all i have had to do is change the batter and it is still accurate.
  • woou
    woou Posts: 668 Member
    I can vouch for the EatSmart one.
  • jmruef
    jmruef Posts: 824 Member
    Check / change the battery, too. When my digital scale starts doing funky things like that, changing the battery usually helps.
  • I had the same problem. I bought a digital scale from Wal-Mart. Can't remember off the top of my head what brand it is, but I can look later and let you know. I just made sure I bought one of the more expensive ones. By more expensive, I mean "not $15". :) I think it was, like, $30. I love it. It's very consistent. However, one thing I did differently with this one is I don't keep it in the bathroom. I keep it in my living room, which is an odd place, I know, but scales need to be kept away from moisture. Moisture ruins them. I'm pretty sure that's why my other scale was so inconsistent...I kept it in the bathroom.
  • Shirley61
    Shirley61 Posts: 7,758 Member
    I have a Weight Watchers scale and love it too!!
    Also it is accurate with the scale in my doctors office. :bigsmile:
  • ValorieSalcido
    ValorieSalcido Posts: 10 Member
    Thanks for the tips everyone, I think I'll try to change out the battery. It's a WW scale that we've had for a few years and I do try to put it on the same bathroom tile and stand in the same spot it's just been really off lately. Hope fully the battery change works, if not, I think I'm going to switch from digital to analog. :)