Didn't think this was possible! Low Calorie Cocktails!!!

Options
Hey All

Thanks to this awesome site I JUST found out about this great new vodka, Voli! It's the only low calorie vodka!!

I went to their facebook/website and the low cal cocktails sound amazing!

Has anyone else tried this? I'm eager to get my hands on it this weekend! :drinker:

Cheers!

Jessie

www.facebook.com/volispirits
volispirits.com

Replies

• Kirstie_C26
    Kirstie_C26 Posts: 490 Member
    Options
    thanx fore posting :) il have a look for this brand of vodka next time im having a drink :D

best wishes
    Kirstie xx
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    I think it is bull****.

Usually, a 1 oz. serving of any 40% alcohol liquor like that, be it vodka, tequila, rum etc. has between 60 and 70 calories.
    Voli has 53 calories but only 30% alcohol.
    Let's go with Absolute or so which has 70 calories, that means it 70/40 = 1.75 calories per 1% alcohol
    Now Voli has 53/30 = 1.77% per 1% alcohol.

It has pretty much the exact same amount of calories per % alcohol. So, just use regular vodka and mix it with some water - voila, there is your low calorie vodka.
  • itschristina
    Options
    Hey All

Thanks to this awesome site I JUST found out about this great new vodka, Voli! It's the only low calorie vodka!!

I went to their facebook/website and the low cal cocktails sound amazing!

Has anyone else tried this? I'm eager to get my hands on it this weekend! :drinker:

Cheers!

Jessie

www.facebook.com/volispirits
    volispirits.com

Weird! I just saw a post about this on another board... (I need to stop thinking about drinking & the weekend, haha).

I've tried it & love it! I usually need to do cranberry if I drink absolut, but I really don't mix Voli with anything, just some lemon!

You should definitely try it.
  • JessicaChester
    Options
    I think it is bull****.

Usually, a 1 oz. serving of any 40% alcohol liquor like that, be it vodka, tequila, rum etc. has between 60 and 70 calories.
    Voli has 53 calories but only 30% alcohol.
    Let's go with Absolute or so which has 70 calories, that means it 70/40 = 1.75 calories per 1% alcohol
    Now Voli has 53/30 = 1.77% per 1% alcohol.

It has pretty much the exact same amount of calories per % alcohol. So, just use regular vodka and mix it with some water - voila, there is your low calorie vodka.

There's 48 calories for 1 oz of Voli instead of 70 calories for Absolut. That's a MAJOR difference. And why would you ever want to mix vodka with water? That's not a cocktail- that's just gross! :)

AND I just read a little bit more and Voli is infused with electrolytes which would help keep you hydrated (possibly less of a hangover? )

Here is the info from the website:

Voli Nutritional Info per 1 fl. oz

Lyte
    Cal 48

Lemon
    Cal 53

Orange Vanilla
    Cal 53

Espresso Vanilla
    Cal 53

Raspberry Cocoa
    Cal 52

Voli Nutritional Info per 1.5 fl. oz

Lyte
    Cal 74
    Carbs 0
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Lemon
    Cal 81
    Carbs 1
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Orange Vanilla
    Cal 81
    Carbs 2
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Espresso Vanilla
    Cal 81
    Carbs 0
    Protein 0
    Fat 0

Raspberry Cocoa
    Cal 80
    Carbs 2
    Protein 0
    Fat 0
  • aippolito1
    aippolito1 Posts: 4,894 Member
    Options
    TGI Friday's has under 200 calorie cocktails. Haven't tried 'em but I tried a skinny margarita somewhere else and it was GROSS. haha I'll just stick to saving up calories for when I drink!!
  • itschristina
    Options
    TGI Friday's has under 200 calorie cocktails. Haven't tried 'em but I tried a skinny margarita somewhere else and it was GROSS. haha I'll just stick to saving up calories for when I drink!!

I would steer clear of some of the food chain's nutritional info. I've heard a lot of it is incorrect. The tiniest thing could alter it. Just a heads up!

And I have tried the skinny margarita too at Applebee's.. I literally couldn't have more than a sip!
  • saldridge
    saldridge Posts: 125 Member
    Options
    Jessica, mixing vodka with water is just what Voli does to reduce the calories.
    A regular vodka has 35-40% alcohol and Voli has 30% alcohol. The calories in Vodka are ALL in the alcohol, because there is nothing else in vodka. A 1 oz. shot of Voli is the same as 0.75% of Absolute and 0.25% of water - in calories and alcohol. The main reason vodka is in cocktails is for the alcohol - and using regular vodka in a cocktail and adding water gets you the exact same result as the Voli.
    The low calorie cocktails are gross because they are lacking the alcohol (and sugar). A shot of tequila has around 70 calories, and if it has less, it is diluted with water.
    Some info on Vodka: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vodka

In many countries Voli it isn't even allowed to be called Vodka because Vodka by definition and law needs to have over 35% of alcohol.

It's similar to low calorie juices - those are just regular juices with water and artificial sweetener -- and they are often not allowed to call them "juice" but are called fruit beverage, juice beverage or something like that.
  • Shealey25
    Options
    Hey Girls,
    i found this amazing low cal cocktail its called TY KU soju its just like vodka but low cal. With my work i go to alot of dinner meeting witch most of the time you have drinks and discuss businesses matters. so i wanted to find something that was low cal and it did. its amazing its good i love try it out sub everything for vodka.
  • B3Streeter
    B3Streeter Posts: 292 Member
    Options
    I just love to drink bloody mary's! you get your servings of vegetables in the V8 and about a shot of vodka and some hot sauce and horseradish.. Although I know they are not for everyone!
  • beachydiva9
    Options
    JessicaChester Thanks for all the info!! I'm going to try out Voli this weekend. A bunch of my girlfriends recommended it too, especially because of the electrolytes and delicious taste! Actually, Pitbull mentioned it in his new song "Rain Over Me," too. Just thought that was interesting :)
  • selenar1990
    Options
    I love Voli!! I have found so many great recipes with it...you should def try the cremesicle shots! only 70 cal for two shots.....

http://bit.ly/rwbqh5 (link for the recipe)

...I always stop by my sam's clubs to pick up some voli for my cocktail mixes...I'm getting to be creative ;)
  • jstreams
    Options
    I've tried this Voli Spirits before and I think it's pretty good. I love all the flavors. And it helps with the hangovers since there is electrolytes in them. And it's not only Pitbull that drinks it....Fergie is suppose to part own it as well. Always helpful to save calories in any way possible.