Options
Hi all, I'm relatively new to this site, 30 days in and 3LBS down. I could really do with some friendly encouragement.

Replies

• Divalita13
    Divalita13 Posts: 2 Member
    Options
    Hey, I'm a newbie too! I just joined today, and am going to start tracking everything tomorrow.

I saw from your profile that you work full time in a shift position. That's rough. I know after a long day at work, exercise is the last thing you want to think about, but ultimately the pros far outweigh the cons.
    - Working out brings you closer to reaching your goal.
    - Working out releases endorphins, which make you happy.
    - Working out uses lots of energy, so you'll sleep better come bed time.
    - Having an active lifestyle gives you more energy, so it'll just get easier!

Even walking makes a difference. If you walk for one hour (approximately 3 miles) at a moderately brisk pace every day, it makes a huge difference. I lost 10lbs in 45 days doing that!

Hang in there, and good luck! =)
  • carly091
    Options
    Thanks amillion, determined to get a 4 mile walk in tomorrow morning, encouragement very much appreciated, i need loads of it.
  • pam080175
    Options
    My name is Pam and I just began today. I keep doing this spiral up and down thing. You know, start exercising - eating right, then stop. Lose weight, pick back up the weight...The crazy cycle. Well, I am trying to lose 20 pounds as I am seeking to be more healthy. So I am looking forward to encouragement and all the pushing I can get....:)
  • eoakhome
    Options
    Hi, I'm a newbi today ;) I will add you as a friend !