Maintaining it!

Options
I met my goal!! I learned how to eat right and I learned that I do love exercise it juts took me a while to realize it. :laugh: now I need to learn how to maintain so I never have to go through this again...................WHO IS WITH ME????

Replies

• farmgirlh
    farmgirlh Posts: 240
    Options
    I met my goal!! I learned how to eat right and I learned that I do love exercise it juts took me a while to realize it. :laugh: now I need to learn how to maintain so I never have to go through this again...................WHO IS WITH ME????
  • zoey1912
    zoey1912 Posts: 18
    Options
    CONGRATS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • Cloe
    Cloe Posts: 435
    Options
    NICE GOING, CONGRATS! You must be very pleased.:flowerforyou:
  • 4suredistime
    Options
    Congrats!!! I am nowhere near maintenance yet, but I think I will follow your thread so I can take notes along the way... This is one of the things that scares me most: when I am done, how do I keep the weight off?:huh:
  • bj2007
    bj2007 Posts: 41 Member
    Options
    Congratulations!
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    Congrats!!! Maintaining is hard, but keep at it and you will live a happy, healthier life. I can't wait until I get there.
  • HealthierMamasita
    HealthierMamasita Posts: 1,126 Member
    Options
    Great job!!!:bigsmile:

I think I'll switch to maintaining my weight b/c I don't think my body likes being below 130 for too long.

:flowerforyou:
  • ktthegr8
    ktthegr8 Posts: 479
    Options
    That is awesome!:drinker: I'm not there yet, but I will be hoping to join you soon. :bigsmile:
  • Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Thats great sweetie, KEEP UP THE GOOD WORK:wink:
  • kaleohone
    kaleohone Posts: 86
    Options
    Congrats and way to go!!!! Enjoy your new life and new bod.....
    :)
  • aasta
    aasta Posts: 12 Member
    Options
    :smile: CONGRATS! It is easy to keep it off once you have found a love for exercise and eating right. I have maintained my weight for 3 years now. Just remember how hard you have worked to get to where you are at. When and if you see that scale tip up you will use that frustration and energy to drop it right back down. Good luck!!
  • shalinik78
    Options
    Wow thats awesome !!!! I hope one day I would be there too :)
    Great job good luck !
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    :smile: CONGRATS! It is easy to keep it off once you have found a love for exercise and eating right. I have maintained my weight for 3 years now. Just remember how hard you have worked to get to where you are at. When and if you see that scale tip up you will use that frustration and energy to drop it right back down. Good luck!!

Can you give me some tips???
  • willywonka
    willywonka Posts: 743 Member
    Options
    Congratulations, you look great!!!
  • SHBoss1673
    SHBoss1673 Posts: 7,161 Member
    Options
    I've been maintaining for about 6 months now. Actually for the last 4 I've been trying to drop body fat, while gaining muscle, and a little weight. The key for me is to always have some sort of goal in mind.
    It doesn't have to be an immediate goal, but maintaining just to maintain can seem a little like a black hole to me.

So My current goal is to gradually get back to 190 lbs while lowering my body fat percentage to 9%. I started that goal 5 months ago at about 14% and am at about 11.5% now. and I've gained about 3 lbs (all muscle since I have actually dropped body fat %) So I'm psyched. It'll take another year to get to my goal, which is fine.

But I find that I'm as motivated as ever with these new goals, and since they are harder then just losing weight (you'd be surprised how hard gaining muscle weight is for me, far more difficult then losing fat believe it or not), they train my mind to be more disciplined.

So that's my advice, set goals, even in maintenance.
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    Congrats on getting to your goal weight!
    Since you've created a new lifestyle of eating healthier and exercising you are on your way to being able to maintain it.

I like what Banks said about having a goal. Mine is to be able to run 3 mi outside. I ran on the treadmill over the winter and for me it's so different than outside running. I'm up to 2mi.

I think my next goal will be to lower my bodyfat %.
  • farmgirlh
    Options
    Thank you so much for the wonderful advice. I think I will make a goal as to being able to run 5 miles. At this point I am up to about a mile without stopping. (I usually do elliptical but that is totally different than running) I also need to tone up so I am still working on things.

Thanks again!!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options

wow--you are smokin'! great muscles! and great job keeping the wt off 3 yrs!
  • staceyw37
    staceyw37 Posts: 2,094 Member
    Options
    congrats! and the goal setting is good. i never much thought i was that kind of person (ie: no follow thru), but now with the 800mi in 09, i am so motivated to keep adding miles to my ticker.

so good for you to set the 5mi marker for you! you will succeed just as you have before. :flowerforyou:
  • keiko
    keiko Posts: 2,919 Member
    Options
    I just did my test for the 100 push up challenge and realized Hey, I have another fitness goal! To finish the challenge!