It's me needing to loose weight

Options
I am going to introduce myself. I am Myrna a 54 year old grandma to two grandsons and another on the way in March. I have fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, depression, high cholesterol, stomach problems, insomnia, and Plantar Fasciitis. Whew, no wonder I feel bad. That;s a lot when you write it down and I forgot one, hearing loss. I was super skinny all my life up until 2007 when I had a complete hysterectomy. Of course I had put on weight over the years probably from all the medications. I have gained 10 pounds in two months which put me at 204 on a 5'5" inch body. It's all around my middle. I tried Nutri System last year and lost about 15 pounds over a 3 mth. period. I've also tried Weight Watchers, lost five pounds in six months. They told me I was just wasting my money. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong, they kept me after class going over my food journal etc. I was exercising at that time too. I've always liked to walk and still do, but the foot trouble and fibro. keep me from it sometimes. In the summer I swim everyday. I babysit my 3 year old grandson so I'm pretty active. I just can't loose weight. On this diet I am allowed 1370 calories and I always get the little note at the end of the day that I didn't eat all my allowed calories. I'm trying to eat every two hours, but it's hard when I'm not really hungry. My son is a personal trainer at Toyota in Georgetown, KY. He works with me and he doesn 't understand why I don't loose. I stayed true to the diet last week and didn't loose any weight or inches. Since the weigh in on Oct. 28 where I was up to 204, I have lost down to 196'5. Very disappointed this week.
Anyone out there have similar problems? I can use all the tips you can offer.

Replies

• aochoa123
    aochoa123 Posts: 299 Member
    Options
    I don't know if I can help but I can be a friend. Send me a request if you like and we can support each other.
  • kelley_lynn
    kelley_lynn Posts: 133 Member
    Options
    You are losing. I know its frustrating, I think i have lost less. BUT slow is good, remember that. It will happen.

Im told there is no magic cure, to get it moving faster. :)
  • shamrock75
    shamrock75 Posts: 25 Member
    Options
    Maybe a food sensitivity. I found out after doing Atkins for 3 months in the summer of 2010 that I am sensitive to Pork. Nothing that causes hives or an outward identifiable "allergy", but when I was doing some food monitoring trying to track down something that was making me feel bad, I figured out that I gained 3+ pounds every time I ate pork. Bacon, sausage, pork chops, pork loin,... all no sugar stuff too. I lost 4 pounds in 12 weeks, and although I never tied it together, I am sure that my consumption of pork was holding me back! Maybe you have something like that going on.
  • lil_pulp
    lil_pulp Posts: 701 Member
    Options
    I am going to introduce myself. I am Myrna a 54 year old grandma to two grandsons and another on the way in March. I have fibromyalgia, anxiety disorder, depression, high cholesterol, stomach problems, insomnia, and Plantar Fasciitis. Whew, no wonder I feel bad. That;s a lot when you write it down and I forgot one, hearing loss. I was super skinny all my life up until 2007 when I had a complete hysterectomy. Of course I had put on weight over the years probably from all the medications. I have gained 10 pounds in two months which put me at 204 on a 5'5" inch body. It's all around my middle. I tried Nutri System last year and lost about 15 pounds over a 3 mth. period. I've also tried Weight Watchers, lost five pounds in six months. They told me I was just wasting my money. Never could figure out what I was doing wrong, they kept me after class going over my food journal etc. I was exercising at that time too. I've always liked to walk and still do, but the foot trouble and fibro. keep me from it sometimes. In the summer I swim everyday. I babysit my 3 year old grandson so I'm pretty active. I just can't loose weight. On this diet I am allowed 1370 calories and I always get the little note at the end of the day that I didn't eat all my allowed calories. I'm trying to eat every two hours, but it's hard when I'm not really hungry. My son is a personal trainer at Toyota in Georgetown, KY. He works with me and he doesn 't understand why I don't loose. I stayed true to the diet last week and didn't loose any weight or inches. Since the weigh in on Oct. 28 where I was up to 204, I have lost down to 196'5. Very disappointed this week.
    Anyone out there have similar problems? I can use all the tips you can offer.

From what I understand, you've lost over 7 pounds in the past couple of weeks. If I've got that right, then I would say you're doing okay. You may not lose every week, but if the general trend over a period of time is downward, my advice is to keep on keepin' on....
  • kimmie185
    kimmie185 Posts: 550 Member
    Options
    If you are true to your diet and still no success, then I think a medical professional should get involved so you can get tested and find the exact problem for why you can't lose weight. There are many options out there for weight loss, you just have to choose what is best for you and your health. :)

Also, what kinds of foods are you eating?

it's easy to stay inside the calorie limit, but also remember it's the quality that really matters, not the quantity. I found that a high protien, low carb diet can be very successful. Protien keeps you healthy, promotes healing, builds and substains muscle, and promotes healthy weight loss.

Good luck on your journey. :)
  • dakitten2
    dakitten2 Posts: 888 Member
    Options
    Hi Myla from one Ky Wildcat Fan to another!. My son also works at Toyota in Georgetown. I'm fairly new on here (4th week), so I'm not full of advice but surviving through trial and effort and with lots of support from friends I've met on here. Please feel free to visit my profile page. If you want to send me a friend request, please do. The support here is great. Also, if you make your food diary public, people may be able to help you more. I know one of my friends encouraged me to get at least 8 glasses of water in a day. I was only drinking diet drinks. Now I'm alternating my water and my sodas. Hopefully, the change will reflect on the scales this week. My weigh in day is always Thursday.

Hopefully you'll get some help from those that have been here for a while. They have been so valuable to me through their journey and it helps to look at what others are eating and get some new ideas too!

If the problem persists and you are staying within your goals, you should see your physician to help find out why. Sometimes it's a thyroid problem and that can be brought into check with medication.
  • Rhodygarden
    Options
    Hi - sent you a private message - feel free to 'friend me'!