Carbs???

Options
Ok I am On a 1460 calorie intake, my carbs is 201, fat 49, protein 55, according to MFP, and I work out 5 days a week including 60 mins cardio. what are some of you guys intake on carbs, Do you think thats to much, What are some of you guys number. I talk to my boss lady who is a personal trainer, who is very fit and workout everday. She told me you need some carbs to have energy, that without it your body would be drained.. any suggestions?

Replies

• Shanta1983
    Shanta1983 Posts: 1,228 Member
    Options
    Ok I am On a 1460 calorie intake, my carbs is 201, fat 49, protein 55, according to MFP, and I work out 5 days a week including 60 mins cardio. what are some of you guys intake on carbs, Do you think thats to much, What are some of you guys number. I talk to my boss lady who is a personal trainer, who is very fit and workout everday. She told me you need some carbs to have energy, that without it your body would be drained.. any suggestions?
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    you do need carbs just not simple ones- Try getting your carbs from Complex carbs rather than simple ones which are usually in processed packaged food.

Everyone here has a different amount that they are taking in - Like me personally I am taking in 40% carbs-40% protein and 20% good fat-
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    Yea thats true, but my meals are smartones, healthy choices and lean cuisine meals, Because Im a very busy person, and I make salads, eat light yougurt, sherbet , pretzels, skim milk, special k, slimfast shakes and bars, plenty of water. I juts dont want to be do anything wrong.
  • stylistchik
    stylistchik Posts: 1,436 Member
    Options
    it sounds like you're taking in a lot of unnecessary sodium and sugar... make sure you watch those too because sugar is hidden carbs! because you're on the go, make sure you have lots of FRESH fruits and veggies around and eat WHOLE GRAIN (not 'multigrain') breads and pastas. They keep your blood sugar more balanced throughout the day and fill you up more than 'white' carbs.
  • tayner
    tayner Posts: 372
    Options
    I juts dont want to be do anything wrong.

you have lost 17 pounds, cant be doing much wrong!
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    I do agreee on the sodium...and sugar...Mrsyac2 is correct try getting your carbs from other sources not so much pasta,and rice...Good luck and congrats on your success so far:flowerforyou:
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    I make sure i eat fruits and vegatables as well. so you telling me the diet meals and shakes have to much carb to ???:noway:
  • mrsyac2
    mrsyac2 Posts: 2,784 Member
    Options
    I make sure i eat fruits and vegatables as well. so you telling me the diet meals and shakes have to much carb to ???:noway:

and too much sodium which makes you retain water weight- But if eating this way works for you then no need in doubting yourself--

I am very busy myself but thats what preplanning and packing lunches are for-

When I leave my house I don't get home until 13 hours later between work,kids activities, and the gym- and yet when we get home I still have to cook dinner-

Get yourself some storage containers and a lunch bag and you will be straight- alot of dairy has sugar in it too-

like I said if what your doing now is working for you no need to tweak it
  • MyaPapaya75
    MyaPapaya75 Posts: 3,143 Member
    Options
    yep most processed pre packaged things do..
  • Shanta1983
    Options
    wow great info i think thats what im goin to do is get me some prepacke containers and sandwich bags, oh no i dont want to retain any more water weight thanks you guys for all great advice
  • erlehmkuhle
    Options
    This is exactly why I love this site. I just looked at my report and while I watch my calories, carbs and proteins, I checked my sodium intake and wow, it was through the roof. I'm going to have to do some major adjusting. Thanks for the great info.
  • Nich0le
    Nich0le Posts: 2,906 Member
    Options
    Glad to see you are considering eliminating the prepackaged overly processed foods!

Everyone's carb intake will vary. Depending on what type of cardio you are doing you may actually need more carbs. for example runners need more carbs than non runners of the same height, weight and age.

But you are losing weight so far so something is working so keep it up :drinker: