Strength Training

Options
Hey guys.
I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing their workout plans. How many times a week? For how long? What excersices? How many sets/reps? How much do you lift? Eating habits before and after? Trying to get my workout plan perfect, and wanted to see how it compared to everyone elses.
Thanks!

Replies

• UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    4x per week, for 1-1.5 hours. I train lower body on Mondays and Thursdays, and upper body on Tuesdays and Fridays.

Mondays
    Squats 3 sets x 4-6 reps
    Romanian Deadlift 2x6-8
    Leg Press 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Standing Calf Raise 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Hyperextensions 1x10-12
    Seated Adductions 1x 10-12

Tuesdays
    Bench press 3x4-6
    Bent Over Row 3x6-8
    Pullups 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Upright Row 1x10-12
    Barbell Curl 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Dips 1x10-12
    Rope Pressdown 1x10-12

Thursdays
    Deadlift 3x2-4
    Front Squat 2x6-8
    Good Morning 2x8-10
    Barbell Hip Thrust 1x8-10
    Leg Extension 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Seated Calf Raise 1x10-12

Fridays
    Weighted Chin Up 3x4-6
    Overhead Press 3x4-6
    Dumbbell Incline Press 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Rear Delt Fly 1x10-12
    Close-Grip Bench Press 1 set x 8-10 reps, then 7-9 sets of 1-3 reps
    Spider Curl 1x10-12
    Hammer Curl 1x10-12
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    My typical routine is 2 days of upper body strength training and 2 of lower body each week. I usually spend around 30 to 45 minutes in the weight area. For upper body I typically do things like pec fly, lat pulldown, rows, military press, lateral raises, assisted pullups, curls, tricep entensions, etc. Typically 3 sets of 12 unless I move up in weight, then I will do a warmup set of a lower weight followed by 3 sets of the new weight.
    Lower body is normally stuff like squats with dumbells, lunges, bridges, donkey kicks, hamstring curls with stability ball. 3 sets of 12-18.

I always have a small snack before and my meal after or vice versa. Goodluck. :)
  • cobblers88
    Options
    Thanks for the responses!
    I currently do my whole body, about three times a week. And it takes a little over an hour.
    I have so many questions concerning strength training as I'm a total newb, but nobody to ask!
  • fittraier
    Options
    Hire a trainer for one or 2 session...they can guide you.
  • cobblers88
    Options
    I would love to be able to afford a trainer.
  • ninerbuff
    ninerbuff Posts: 48,709 Member
    Options
    Hey guys.
    I was wondering if anybody would mind sharing their workout plans. How many times a week? For how long? What excersices? How many sets/reps? How much do you lift? Eating habits before and after? Trying to get my workout plan perfect, and wanted to see how it compared to everyone elses.
    Thanks!
    bodybuilding.com can help.

A.C.E. Certified Personal Trainer
    IDEA Fitness member
    Kickboxing Certified Instructor
    Been in fitness for 28+ years and have studied kinesiology and nutrition
  • aproc
    aproc Posts: 1,033 Member
    Options
    Well you can feel free to message me anytime if you want about it. :) I've been obsessed with this stuff for a couple years now. After my brother graduated with his exercise science degree, he got me into the field and I'm getting close to finishing my first degree in it. I don't claim to know everything or even close, just like to help out when I can.
  • drumtolive
    Options
    Finding someone to talk to when starting an exercise routine can be pretty expensive. Fortunatley there is places like myfitnesspal.com and everydaybetter.com to help. Check out their stability ball encyclopedia to get you started: http://www.everydaybetter.com/stability-ball-exercises/