Energy!

Options
I am looking for something that will help me get some energy to get me through my workouts. Chasing after a 2 year old all day exhausts me, and between him and work I don't have the energy (mental or physical) to work out. I know that working out in and of itself gives you energy, but I need something to get me to that point. Any suggestions?

Replies

• brice02
    brice02 Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Spark from Advocare! I use it every day, it gets me moving! message me if you want more info
  • afv417
    afv417 Posts: 466 Member
    Options
    I work out to actually gain energy! It can be EXTREMELY hard to just get to the gym when the energy isn't there and honestly I'm not sure how I convince myself to go, but I feel awesome afterwards!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Have some carbs before your workout. Like banana or yogurt. Or even some coffee.
  • MaryAnn678
    MaryAnn678 Posts: 182 Member
    Options
    I take vitamins everyday (Okay most days) and a B-complex helps.
  • UponThisRock
    UponThisRock Posts: 4,522 Member
    Options
    Start with what you can handle, increase little by little.
  • gonnaloseitforever
    Options
    I worry about eating before working out because it gives me terrible side pains and I can't continue.
  • gonnaloseitforever
    Options
    I was wondering about vitamins. I read differing studies on whether or not vitamins in pill form are actually beneficial or whether or not they are basically placebos.
  • Fairysoul
    Fairysoul Posts: 1,361 Member
    Options
    I have two kiddos one is 4 and the other 6 months,I wake before them a workout, it actually gives me more energy!
  • shakybabe
    shakybabe Posts: 1,578 Member
    Options
    I worry about eating before working out because it gives me terrible side pains and I can't continue.

I can't either.. I do better if I do my workout early morning before breakfast
  • gonnaloseitforever
    Options
    I have two kiddos one is 4 and the other 6 months,I wake before them a workout, it actually gives me more energy!

Yes, ideally I would like to do that as well. It's tough to get up at 6am to work out. I'm wondering if taking some vitamins or other supplements will help with the sluggishness.