Finding it hard to eat 1200

Options
2»

Replies

• stefkhan
    stefkhan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I feel your pain. I have a serious problem with eating "when I'm supposed to", especially breakfast, and typically do not eat over 1200 calories, unless I'm cheating that day, of course.

I found that high protein high calorie snacks are a quick way to meet your calorie goal. Almonds and cheese and my favorites.

Good luck!
  • Lift_hard_eat_big
    Lift_hard_eat_big Posts: 2,278 Member
    Options
    I can put away over 1,200 kcal in one meal. For one to say they can't figure out how to eat 1,200 kcal in a day is ridiculous.
    Eat some nuts or nut butter, add olive oil to your meal, have some whole fat dairy products, ice cream, cheese, sour cream, etc. lean cuts of meat, the list goes on.
  • missana221
    missana221 Posts: 46 Member
    Options
    I am sorry but that was just really really rude of you! :/
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    I dont know anything, really, but there is no red meat in that. Do you keep track of your iron?
  • dazeydawl
    Options
    I've never been much of a red meat eater so iron supplements is something I already take
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    I can put away over 1,200 kcal in one meal. For one to say they can't figure out how to eat 1,200 kcal in a day is ridiculous.

Same here!
  • emergencytennis
    emergencytennis Posts: 864 Member
    Options
    Glad to hear it. I also take a supplement.
  • Play_outside
    Play_outside Posts: 528 Member
    Options
    Looks like you've made some really great, healthy changes to your diet. I am another person who sometimes struggles with eating enough calories-I added almonds, almond butter, things like that to my day. Almond butter on slice apples is yummy! Or when I used to eat dairy (once in a while still do, my body is not that thrilled with dairy though), slices of cheese with sliced apples is great too (especially jalapeno jack!). I add hemp hearts or almond butter to my oatmeal or smoothie, or hemp hearts in my salad as well. As your body adjusts you will probably start eating a little more. I used to have a terrible habit of not eating anything until very late in the day and I am finding it hard to break that habit, but I'm working on it. Acknowledge that it will be work, and set goals for yourself! :)
  • Pronoiac
    Pronoiac Posts: 304
    Options
    What you are experiencing is not ridiculous at all. Some people are just not big eaters, while others are.

I suggest working in some more carbs. An extra piece of bread here or pasta there sort of thing. The lower carbs could also explain some of the lethargy toward workouts. In the end, it's about experimenting and discovering the best fuel ratio for your body.
  • forgtmenot
    forgtmenot Posts: 860 Member
    Options
    I'm the same way! I've been having a really hard time eating enough calories of healthy foods especially on work out days when I burn calories and have to eat those on top of the 1,200 cal. It is not ridiculous!