Thinking of trying Spinning class. Anyone love/hate it?

Options
Re-joining the gym and using as many classes as my schedule will allow (unfortunetly one of those days I have to be at the gym at 5:45am for Spin)

I was wondering if it was worth it? Well...of course it is in the long run, but I mean is it fun? haha xD

Replies

• liz1732
    liz1732 Posts: 15 Member
    Options
    totally worth it... actually bought my own spin bike for my house i loved it sooo much...
  • Elzecat
    Elzecat Posts: 2,916 Member
    Options
    I love my spin class...started last spring and took it for a few months, took the summer off because I was running outside, but now added the spin class back in...it's a lot of fun...

but I take it in the evening, not that early in the morning! lol
  • jilers
    jilers Posts: 94 Member
    Options
    I like it but not 5:45 in the morning
  • Pepper2185
    Pepper2185 Posts: 994 Member
    Options
    I love spinning! Especially when the instructor plays awesome music - you get super pumped!

And the calorie burn is awesome. It's addicting. So worth it!
  • killerqueen17
    killerqueen17 Posts: 536 Member
    Options
    I have gone to a spin class a few times, and each time it REALLY hurt my butt. I mean REALLY hurt. The workout is great, but the pain from those horrid seats makes it intolerable for me... maybe the class you are in will have some better quality bikes than mine!

If you happen to own a padded bike seat cover, I suggest you bring it!
  • kaitimae
    kaitimae Posts: 727 Member
    Options
    I just started taking spin classes a few weeks ago. After the first one, I hated it. After the second one, I was not a whole lot fonder.

Now, 5 classes in... I LOVE IT!!!!! It is an awesome workout, very fun, great music (usually), and at least at my gym, friendly people. If you aren't used to spinning/biking though, be prepared to have a VERY sore rear end for your first couple classes.
  • Debbe2
    Debbe2 Posts: 2,071 Member
    Options
    Great cardio workout! Does hurt your butt, but (lol) you should try it for yourself and see. Good luck!
  • ardavis23
    ardavis23 Posts: 95 Member
    Options
    I LOVE spinn!! I personally think it is a great workout...
    I was terrified at first becasue what I have seen on tv and stuff, and I worried I would not be able to keep up. But I did it and it was great and I was going four times a week! Im sad that my lifes schedule has gotten in the way and now i can not go as much.

As long as your keep spinning you will do fine...if you can not go up in resistants that is okay just keep spinning!

Have Fun, and Enjoy!
  • iHEARTcardiacnurses
    Options
    I'm going to be completely honest. I took a spin class and being a bigger girl, it completely bruised my lady parts. I felt like I was f*cked by a rhinoceros. The bigger girls in the class thought so too. :/
  • jojopel
    jojopel Posts: 348 Member
    Options
    I take a 6:30 am spin class and I love it! As with any class, the instructor makes a huge difference! Try the early morning class a few times and then decide if you want to stick with it.
  • PennyNickel14
    PennyNickel14 Posts: 749 Member
    Options
    Super fun! Great workout and entertaining

Think about getting padded shorts or your parts might hurt.

Padded shorts worth the money.
  • tody2004
    tody2004 Posts: 3 Member
    Options
    I just started back going to the gym and doing classes. I like the spin class. Im new to this site and enjoy it so far. Does anyone have any tips for this weight loss journey? Or any recipes they want to share to help with my journey. Anything is greatly appreciated.
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    Haha, thanks everyone. :) I guess I'll suck it up and wake up and try the early class.

I'll have to be careful about the seats. My gym is kind of newer, so I'm hoping the seats are nicer. xD *crosses fingers*
  • lwh64
    lwh64 Posts: 1
    Options
    Totally endorse Spin class. Low impact - almost zero chance of injury - great cardio. When it gets easy - just crank the resistance!! I have had great results.
  • epona_mus
    epona_mus Posts: 207 Member
    Options
    I hate it but I hate the elliptical more. :-)
  • mmelaragno
    Options
    I love spinning! Our classes start at 5:15 a.m. and I feel so much better throughout the day.

You definitely will need some padded shorts though, they are a life saver! Or have a yoga ball for an office chair, that helps also!
  • strawberryromper
    strawberryromper Posts: 64 Member
    Options
    Not for me personally. Very little is worth being up by 5AM. I also don't like indoor exercise or classes and I don't have the self-control to make myself go up an imaginary hill on a stationary bike.
  • jaynabelardo
    Options
    i feel the same way!!!...i'm only 5'1"...i think that has something to do with it..totally hurt!!!...i'd MUCH rather do zumba!!!
  • sullivann
    sullivann Posts: 199 Member
    Options
    I'm up naturally at 6am. Haha. So It won't be too much of a change. ;) I wish I could sleep in.
  • oharabears
    Options
    As others have said, an inexpensive gel bike seat cover can be priceless for your first class or two...or five...! The crotch soreness DOES get better after awhile! LOL! If you really get into it, clip-in bike shoes can make a huge difference in your workout too, but they can be kinda pricey. Make sure you REALLY love Spin and plan to keep up with it before investing in those! And check to be sure your gym's bikes have the right kind of pedals. Have fun!!