Bacon????

Options
The strangest thing happened to me the other day. Me and my boyfriend went out for breakfast. I got some good healthy food for breakfast like a good girl. He of course ordered tons of greasy but oh so tasty food. I caved and asked if i could have a bite. He gave me a small piece. I HATED it. Its not at all like what I remembered. I tasted so salty and gross. I just wished it was turkey bacon. That is when I realized that maybe eating right and sticking to a diet wont be too hard after all. Now if only I hated beer :)

Replies

• lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    I love bacon.
  • magcole
    Options
    Turkey bacon is a good healthy alternative! Lite beers are a good choice!!
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is ok. Lite beer is not ok. :laugh:
  • killagb
    killagb Posts: 3,280 Member
    Options
    Too bad turkey bacon is typically more processed than regular bacon. Get uncured, center cut bacon and it's going to be about as healthy as you can make it. Regular bacon is really nothing to freak out over, it's not that bad.
  • SergeantSunshine_reused
    Options
    Isn't turkey bacon more processed then regular bacon?
    Not a fan of turkey bacon xD LOVE the real stuff :D
  • TheKitsune6
    TheKitsune6 Posts: 5,798 Member
    Options
    Turkey bacon is a false prophet.

I'm all about BACON!
  • dmpizza
    dmpizza Posts: 3,321 Member
    Options
    Taste buds do change with diet.
    I taste more nuances now.
  • abeni117
    Options
    turkey bacon taste nothing like real bacon. turkey bacon is gross!
  • JacMarieSTL
    JacMarieSTL Posts: 68 Member
    Options
    center cut bacon is the way to go!!! LOVE BACON!! Im frying 2 slices tonight to put on top of my Jennie O Turkey burger.. YUM
  • SpeedBump1
    SpeedBump1 Posts: 74 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's or 365 Whole Foods uncured low sodium bacon is the best. It really isn't salty at all.
  • Puddykat1026
    Puddykat1026 Posts: 164 Member
    Options
    I got dragged to Cracker Barrel and they had the yummiest turkey sausage. Now I don't have to be dragged kicking & screaming :) I get 2 eggs, turkey sausage, and a yogurt parfait that I only eat 1/2 of and save the muffin for later in the day just in case I want it and I only eat 1/2 at a time. My hubby was shocked that no matter where we eat I can find a healthier alternative.
  • IronmanPanda
    IronmanPanda Posts: 2,083 Member
    Options
    Bacon makes everything better.
  • vjrose
    vjrose Posts: 809 Member
    Options
    Trader Joe's Applewood smoked pre cooked bacon is about as close to something I'll do these days, like all bacon though it's pretty high in sodium so it is the very occassional treat.
  • Umeboshi
    Umeboshi Posts: 1,637 Member
    Options
    I really don't like your average bacon at all. Turkey bacon has ALWAYS been my favorite, ever since I was a kid.
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options
    I just had bacon (real bacon) with my dinner tonight...yummo!

ETA: Oh yeah, and it was low sodium, so all the flavor and none of the bloat.
  • BigDaddyBRC
    BigDaddyBRC Posts: 2,395 Member
    Options
    Buy the right cut of Bacon and enjoy! I ate 8 tasty pieces this weekend that was off the hook good. YUM!

As for beer...If its an American Macro-produced...pour it out and get something better...and have it with Bacon for breakfast :)
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    Buy the right cut of Bacon and enjoy! I ate 8 tasty pieces this weekend that was off the hook good. YUM!

As for beer...If its an American Macro-produced...pour it out and get something better...and have it with Bacon for breakfast :)
    :

:laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    All this love for real bacon warms my heart.
  • Kristin24C
    Kristin24C Posts: 75 Member
    Options
    I got dragged to Cracker Barrel and they had the yummiest turkey sausage. Now I don't have to be dragged kicking & screaming :) I get 2 eggs, turkey sausage, and a yogurt parfait that I only eat 1/2 of and save the muffin for later in the day just in case I want it and I only eat 1/2 at a time. My hubby was shocked that no matter where we eat I can find a healthier alternative.

Breakfast is the easiest meal to go out for. Well I happen to think so at least. There are more options on the menu to pick from!
  • foodluver27
    Options
    I don't believe I will have ever have a moment where bacon is nasty. I also eat it about once a week (Sat breakfast..yum!)..Farmland thick-sliced bacon FTW!!!