Chicken or Pork?

Options
Which is better for you? Which is leaner and has more protein?

Replies

• JDNOX
    JDNOX Posts: 619
    Options
    Can't do pork love chicken all the time any time.
  • Kimmer2011
    Kimmer2011 Posts: 569 Member
    Options
    I love chicken, but since hubby is allergic, it's mostly pork around here. Luckily, boneless loin chops are pretty lean.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    Which is better for you? Which is leaner and has more protein?
    "Better for you" is open for interpretation. Leanness and protein is going to depend upon the cut, I'm guessing. I would check out the database. :bigsmile:
  • Eleanorjanethinner
    Eleanorjanethinner Posts: 563 Member
    Options
    Chicken breast is leaner than pork and doesn't count as a red meat. Strangely, pork counts as red meat. As I have a huge family history of colon cancer, I'm trying to limit red meat and processed meats.
  • Korrinn
    Options
    Why not both? I get tired of eating the same thing day in and day, so I switch it up. Just make sure you get a good cut of meat and don't eat the fatty parts.

and I love love love pulled pork!
  • eoakhome
    Options
    Chicken ! Cause pork is mostly fat, and chicken has lower fat. That's what the athletes eat a lot for dinner ;)
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options
    Me and my friend were actually just discussing pig farmers and the decline in sales of pork (don't worry, they've gotten better :)) Buut, I don't see why its one or the other! Eat both, variety is key to a successful long term weight loss( at least for me anyway!)
  • taso42
    taso42 Posts: 8,980 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of chicken, I have pork. When I get tired of pork, I have fish. When I get tired of fish, I have chicken. They're all good.
  • questionablemethods
    questionablemethods Posts: 2,174 Member
    Options
    When I get tired of chicken, I have pork. When I get tired of pork, I have fish. When I get tired of fish, I have chicken. They're all good.
    Beef?
  • Tvstarbabe
    Options
    I definitely eat both! But if i'm planning on a very high calorie mean :( i want to know which is gonna amount to less calories!
    I'm going to chinese tomorrow and idk if i should get chicken with vegetables and noodles or pork with vegetables and noodles
  • taso42
    Options
    Beef?

Eh, sometimes. Actually I've been in a mood to make a nice bolognese. But otherwise I get most of my beef from Pho or burgers, eating out. I don't usually stock it at home.
  • april_beth
    april_beth Posts: 617 Member
    Options

this is so the rotation im on right now...i hvaent had red meat in about four months maybe, maybe three - and i dont miss it overall and im afraid that if i dove in and had that greasy burger that i totally crave sometimes my stomach would revolt against me :)
  • lor007
    lor007 Posts: 884 Member
    Options
    Chicken ! Cause pork is mostly fat, and chicken has lower fat. That's what the athletes eat a lot for dinner ;)

Did the athletes tell you that?
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    Cause pork is mostly fat...
    I've never run into a cut of pork that had more fat than meat.

It may have a higher fat percentage on average than chicken, there certainly are lean cuts of pork out there.
  • taso42
    Options

We can have a whole new spinoff thread... which weighs more - 9g of pork fat or 9g of chicken fat? :laugh:
  • CaptainGordo
    CaptainGordo Posts: 4,437 Member
    Options
    We can have a whole new spinoff thread... which weighs more - 9g of pork fat or 9g of chicken fat? :laugh:
    hand-grave.jpg
  • k2quiere
    k2quiere Posts: 4,151 Member
    Options

:laugh: :laugh: That will be next on the FAQ Board.
  • summalovaable
    summalovaable Posts: 287 Member
    Options

:laugh: I think in this case its "what has more calories" ;) trick question: a calorie is a calorie! lol
  • TDGee
    TDGee Posts: 2,209 Member
    Options

EVERYONE knows that Pork weights more, because porks are bigger than chickens.
    :flowerforyou:
  • born4uuuu
    Options
    Chicken by a mile, the reason i say this is the body breaks chicken down faster then it does pork. There is some recent study on this on bodybuilder.com website. Chicken is also allot easier to mix into many meals and easier to flavor. My bottom line if the wheel aint broken don't fix it and any gym, or health nut will tell you chicken everytime as its always been that way... If your looking to mix up your plate just add buffalo or more varities of fish...