Lose fat in legs?

Options
Any ideas how to lose fat in the leg area? I was a catcher in softball for 14 years and now that I am not playing anymore my legs are starting to gain more fat than muscle like I used to have. I have a real difficulty losing fat in this area. Any suggestions?

Replies

• Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    That's pne of my biggest problems too - I used to dance and cheer. I do weights/squats and bouht Jillian Michael's Killer Buns and Thighs. I definitely still have soft spots but I see a lot more definition making its way onto my legs - I almost like them again!
  • stefkhan
    stefkhan Posts: 27 Member
    Options
    I naturally have a very curvy figure, and my thighs especially are rather "large" in comparison to my body. To keep them lean and toned, make sure you do a lot of cardio. I love kickboxing and tae-bo. Also, Tone Fitness, and other brands, have slimming bands that you wear around your waist, arms, or thighs, which help to make them sweat more. Hope this helps! And cheers to my fellow curvy ladies!
  • teagin2002
    teagin2002 Posts: 1,901 Member
    Options
    Thank you for posting this topic, any other tips anyone?
  • lisamc03
    lisamc03 Posts: 127 Member
    Options
    biking/hiking...
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    *sigh* To me it's mission impossible. :( I just posted a reply to another thread saying that after 10 pounds were gone, my pant size still stays the same...
    :sad:
  • KendaVSG
    KendaVSG Posts: 147
    Options
    squats, lunges, leg lifts
  • katismiles
    katismiles Posts: 96 Member
    Options
    My waist is the only thing on me that will shrink!!!! I need to lose in the legs, especially the thighs!
  • surfrgrl1
    surfrgrl1 Posts: 1,464 Member
    Options
    Yoga is great for lengthening muscles.
  • kmcrey87
    kmcrey87 Posts: 422 Member
    Options
    Running worked wonders on my legs!
  • curlyclo
    curlyclo Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    Strength training in the leg area (squats, lunges, leg presses... etc) to build muscle and cardio cardio cardio to burn fat!
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    *sigh* To me it's mission impossible. :( I just posted a reply to another thread saying that after 10 pounds were gone, my pant size still stays the same...
    In the same boat. Well, 9 pounds to be more accurate. But still can't fit the smaller size - I am so in between its frustrating! Although my jeans are a bit looser in the thighs, but they dont fit in the butt! Sometimes the curves are more frustrating than flattering.
  • bvalosek
    bvalosek Posts: 20 Member
    Options
    Targeted fat loss is impossible. Your body adds and removes fat based entirely on genetics. Your best bet is to just have a solid calories deficit to lose weight, and eventually your problem areas will start to cut up.

Targeting strength gain is possible, but won't get rid of any fat/flab in the area.
  • albayin
    albayin Posts: 2,524 Member
    Options
    In the same boat. Well, 9 pounds to be more accurate. But still can't fit the smaller size - I am so in between its frustrating! Although my jeans are a bit looser in the thighs, but they dont fit in the butt! Sometimes the curves are more frustrating than flattering.
    *hugs* Are we twins? :flowerforyou:
  • krithsai
    krithsai Posts: 668 Member
    Options
    Go squats! Squats really help with the thighs...try weighted squats if you are fit. Jump squats are great too!
  • LorinaLynn
    LorinaLynn Posts: 13,247 Member
    Options
    Running made a huge difference in my legs and bum. And time. There was very little change in the first maybe three months / 12 pounds.
  • Real_Cool_Hand
    Options
    *hugs* Are we twins? :flowerforyou:
    LOL, I'm "glad" other people have the same problems, in the sense that we're not alone!
  • mmhenry28
    mmhenry28 Posts: 163 Member
    Options
    I've lost 12 pounds and it has only started to show in my butt and thighs. i lose all of my weight from my upper half first but eventually its starts coming off there too.
  • stephabef
    stephabef Posts: 936 Member
    Options
    Running!
  • SWEETS1234
    SWEETS1234 Posts: 243 Member
    Options
    I have to agree with others RUN.
  • mamitosami
    mamitosami Posts: 531 Member
    Options
    I ran for a year, lost 40 pounds, my legs were still jiggly! I started lifting heavy weights, squats, lunges and dead lifts and in 6 weeks, I haven't lost an ounce, but I've lost inches everywhere. My jeans are looser in the waist and finally (at last!) in my legs.

You need to lose overall fat and then your legs will slim down too. It's almost impossible to spot train any part of your body. You need to lower your overall body fat percentage. At least that's my experience.